Friday, January 25, 2013

Life Is Crazy...I LIKE Crazy!

I went into work today at  three PM and got my butt kicked from the time I went in til  the time I left at ten. I had to stop for gas on the way home and was back in my hacienda by ten thirty. Like every other stupid social media addicted person I checked in on Facebook.

I had the nicest note from TJ's mom waiting for me. She somehow read the blog I wrote about TJ leaving and sent me a sweet and heartwarming note.

Here's the thing. When you have blended families, that's what they should do...blend.

I've always known I wasn't TJ's birth mother but have always thought as him as my son. Once he got older he was always conflicted on holidays...should he be THERE or HERE? We both  wanted him which speaks volumes about what a great a kid he is!

 There are some families who have kids they hope WON'T show up at a family get together!

Not true in this blended family.

We left the send off breakfast leaving TJ's mom to take him to the airport.  It's a good thing because I bawled like a baby in the restaurant when TJ wasn't looking. I cried silently in the front seat of the car the entire ride home.

Here's the thing. She is TJ's Mother. I am TJ's momma. So the boy got lucky and got a two-fer! I've never thought of him as a step son but also never tried to replace his Mother.

It's worked out well, we haven't crossed paths since TJ moved in with us when he left middle school. I know that she was mortified when TJ wanted to come live with us and  was a hard pill to swallow, but she bit the bullet  and let him live with his Dad.

When  we had his send off breakfast it was the first  time Massey and Zach had ever spent any time with TJ's Mom or sister.

Sounding crazy again but it went GREAT!

When you have kids, you love and want the best for them. That's what TJ has gotten. The best of both worlds.

She might not like me so much after I post this but she left me the most sincere and heartfelt message which I got when I came home from a long and tiring shift. It made my day.

I saw the blog post, and yes we all love him dearly ... I would like to tell you THANK YOU for being a great mom for him. I remember TJ coming home after a weekend and saying Mom I don't know what to call her, I said well do you love her, he said yes, I asked what do you want to call her, he said I don't know, (obviously the others called you mom and it confused him) I told him then that if he felt you were like a mom then you should be called mom. He asked me if I would be upset, I told him NO if you feel that way then I am happy that she is in your life. When he came to me and wanted to go live with his dad it absolutely broke my heart, but i also had to remember he was part Tim. . I think I gave TJ his family, both sides. It was hard as hell but he deserved to know both sides, not just mine because i was his mom.


Thank you DeAnn...for sharing a great kid with me!

Til next time...COTTON


1 comment:

Aodhnait said...

Well done to both of you for putting TJ first. Very admirable ladies!
http://renovatinglpa.blogspot.ie/