Sunday, December 9, 2012

Sweet Relief

How in the world did I work twelve sometimes thirteen shifts a week for two years? No wonder I weigh ninety five pounds. I slacked off and dropped to nine shifts a couple of months back. It was like an unpaid vacation. Then the holiday season started and if anyone has ever been a server they  know that  after Thanksgiving it's like tourist season at a beach. You got six weeks to make six months worth of pay.

So here I am again, in the Holiday trenches day after day after day.How much longer can I do it?  Not much more says my tiny body. I work, come home. Get some things done around the house and collapse into bed until forty five minutes before I have to clock in for my next shift.

It was great when I was twenty five years old. Now...not so much.

Then I think about how much people, so many people have done for not only me but my family and even my pups. That is my inspiration...if they can do all of this for me I can certainly do my own part, and then some.

In the words of John Lennon "So this is Christmas..and what have you done?"

I'll tell you what a LOT of people have done! My oldest pup has been assessed for cataract surgery, treated for heart worms and  on the road to a full recovery. I have thank you notes with Ham's picture on them to send out to all the people who have helped him. I have dog food and rabies tags on all three pups.

I have a Christmas tree in my living  room and it's a beauty.

I have tomorrow off thank the Good Lord above. I can sleep til 9:30. Going to my dear old friend's funeral at  10:30. She was Catholic so nothing is planned for me before one in the afternoon.

I had a halfway serious talk with  my husband the other night and said life was just killing me, in a joking way. I told him I may make it through but if I didn't,  have no qualms about leaving my body in the morgue uncollected. I'd be gone by  then anyway and what a waste of money THAT would be.

My instructions were that I wanted a disco ball above and a keg of cheap beer by the door. A cover band would be nice if they played seventies tunes. I want my brother, who is the funniest person I ever met to emcee my funeral. The only tears shed should because the stories about my life are so funny they make you  cry.

Not saying I am going anywhere soon but when I do...It better be a party. I want all my friends to show up and speak. I want all the stories of my life to be told...and I have a lot of them.

Stealing this one from my sister (who will be the co Emcee) but the Battle Hymn of the Republic would be nice. I'd also like "American Pie" and "Creep" by Radiohead. If they play "Amazing Grace" I will rise from the morgue where Tim was instructed to leave my body and haunt you all.

When you reach the half century mark you gotta start thinking about these things.

Here comes Christmas, ready or not. I've already had my Christmas. Ham is doing GREAT, we are still in our house and I am loved beyond belief. My brother in law came and finished the fence for my pups. I have a great job opportunity coming up in January and once again...I am blessed beyond belief.

If I die tomorrow I want my headstone to read "She was all about some Karma."

If I live to be a hundred it won't be long enough to pay back everyone who has helped me, my family, my kids and my pups.

"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."

Til next  time...a tired worn out old woman who is grateful feels blessed beyond belief.

Merry  Christmas!!






No comments: