Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy New Year!

Went into work at three this afternoon and the madness began. I was one of the first servers to leave tonight and it was well after eleven. Stopped by Kroger for some milk and OJ and was home by eleven forty five.

It was the smoothest NYE I have worked in a while and  have worked the past thirty three. By the end of the night my feet felt like they were walking on little pointed sticks.

My first table today was a mixed couple. He was a total ass and she was a bee-otch....that's a  horrible mix. First off he huffed and puffed because we didn't carry any European non alcoholic beers. Whatever.  It was already getting busy and he ordered a steak well done and his friendly (not) wife ordered salmon well done. We were already filling up and  the  man asked where their food was? I said "Well done takes a while." I took them their dinner and stood at  the table telling them to both check their food to see if it was cooked enough. They  both said it was fine and I went on waiting on more tables. I was at  the host stand when he came up to tell me his wife's fish wasn't cooked enough. She THOUGHT it was but it wasn't. Heck it was almost a fish stick when I took it to her the first time but  smiled and took it back. I thought to myself "So this is the way it's gonna be. Crap!"

Whenever I have a bad first  table it sets the mood and I feel jinxed. It took forever to make them happy and I thought to myself "If you  get so upset over such  trivial things, what are you  going to do when they tell you you have cancer or your house has been foreclosed on?" What's strange is he tipped decent, I guess he just likes bitching. What a sad way  to live.

All tables I had after that were great and I was happy to break the jinx. I was a selling demon. Appetizers, bottles of wine, cocktails and desserts. Cappuccinos, Espressos and always ended with "Who's ready to start over?"

I did good. I reached my goal. I got my cell phone bill paid, picked up some groceries  and have some left for Ham's eye fund.

I left the grocery store around eleven thirty and was tooling down Poplar Road doing the speed limit when a brand new Dodge Challenger passed me on a double line going at least seventy. Kinda pissed me off but then the car behind him passed me too and I thought, "I'm not driving slow!" Then I noticed the second car was a patrol car. Sucks for the Challenger!

I got home. Massey had a friend spending the night.  They had ordered a pizza and were both sacked out. Massey babysat all  day for a friend of ours and has always been an early bird. Zach was at his friends mother's house for a family party (I like it when Moms are there) and Tim had just gotten home from work sacked out because he works again in the morning. It was just me and the pups...my favorite thing when I come home from work worn out. I can bitch to them and they all three seem to understand. Charlie and Ziggy  lose interest in me quickly and go into their "Gay-osity" mode, that's when  I tend to call them Siegfried and Roy. Thank goodness I'm not a homophobe  because they make Gomer and Liberace look  straight.

Ham , as usual stayed by my side and we discussed what idiots they both were. The fireworks went off at midnight and even Charlie heard them. Ziggy was cocking his little head from side to side at every boom. Ham just stayed my me.

I am looking forward to starting a new year with new job possibilities, getting away from a grueling schedule and maybe changing the direction my tired feet are taking.


I've been fighting and ignoring a cold for over a week. Woke up this morning around nine and snuggled back in...  watching all  recorded episodes of Modern Family and Parenthood I have missed since after Thanksgiving. Modern Family is hilarious but Parenthood is hands down the best show I have ever seen.

It's the little things that make me happy. Watching a show I love albeit weeks later. Having people love my Ham. Having family that for some reason loves the crazy person I am.

It awesome to be loved. It's awesome to be home on New Year's Eve before the ball drops. It's awesome to think that 2013 may change my life for  the better.

Like the old woman I am, I am heading to bed with a my fave wasabi almonds and a glass of water with lime.

Is it sad I am excited about filing down my bunions and both corns are gone off my pinkie toes?

As Massey would say,  "That is JUST gross."

 I would respond back in her speak "Most Probs but my hooves sure feel better."

I have survived  another year...and that is a good thing.

Til next  time...COTTON



No comments: