Sunday, September 23, 2012

Make New Friends

I was off today. What a fantastic day  to be off, not a cloud in  the sky and perfect temperature. My sister suggested last week when I told her I was off that we all come to her house for dinner. I love going to my sister's. Tim and Zach had to work but my sister's two sons and their girlfriends were coming as well as my brother, Massey and I.

I volunteered to get the owner of my restaurant to make us a huge pot of chicken cacciatore and brought it home with me last night after work.

I told Massey  we were leaving at  3:30 so we could pick  up a friend of mine and take her with us. She lives in north Atlanta and graciously rode MARTA to the East Point station where we were  to pick her up.

We got in the car to pull out of our driveway and Massey asked "Where did you meet this girl?" I told Massey I had never actually met her.... Massey rolled her eyes.

She joined the Facebook page my sister created for the church we attended as kids because she attends there now and we struck up a friendship through the page. Then she found my blog and we REALLY became friends.

 Massey said "So I don't know her?"  I told her no but my new friend knew all about HER from reading my blog...Another eye roll.


We were pulling into  the East Point MARTA station when Massey said, "So  we don't really even know what she looks like unless she is wearing the outfit in her FB profile picture." It took us a few minutes to find her but we pulled over, she got in and it was like we had picked up an old friend.

We got back onto the highway and headed south for Senoia where my sister lives forty minutes away.

HEY! If she's read all about me and my family and will still get into a car with us, She's MY kind of friend!

I promised her when we were on  the last five mile stretch of country road leading to my sister's house we really weren't kidnapping her...she just laughed. She is a wonderful young woman and a new friend!

She slipped right into our family and I hope she had a good time.

 The meal was fabulous and we had my brother there to entertain. Ten of us were there. One of my nephews brought his new girlfriend to meet the family and when we sat down for dinner and the blessing, my brother said "It's always customary in our family for the new girlfriend to  say  the blessing." She didn't bat an eye and said "You just made that up."

I have to admire my new friend for trusting me enough to get in a car with us and eat with  ten crazy members of my family. We laughed, had a great meal with even greater company and it was an awesome day with a new friend.

"Make new friends but keep  the old, one is silver and the other is gold."

Welcome to our family Kim...It was an absolute pleasure to meet you face to face and hug your neck. Don't be a stranger!

Til next  time..COTTON

No comments: