Wednesday, September 26, 2012

How Full is Your Glass?

My glass is always full. Always has been...always will be. I lost both my parents way  too early, but at least  had the best parents a kid could dream of. I've been married twice. The first marriage was a train wreck, the second was a God send.

We've been married now for over two decades. The first decade started from scratch and ending up with us making over six figures and sitting pretty.

The next  thing you know, we were broke as one of my jokes...but we still had each other. (Glass still full)

I have three kids. They have all made me smile, made me worry and made me cry...but I still have three kids. (glass still full)

I have two knees. One is great, the other gives out occasionally. I have two thumbs, one has been numb for eight years from carpal tunnel but the other is just fine. (Glass half full)

I have many wrinkles on my face but if I smile, they seem to go away. This leads me to believe I need to smile more often.

I have lots of gray hair but if I keep it cut short you don't really notice it which tells me I will never have long hair again.

The "Rat Basts" in the mortgage industry tried to take our house but we kept it. (Glass definitely full)

We don't have a lot but we have each other. (Glass brimming over)

People seem to love me and my family...and for some crazy reason my brother and sister seem to love me even more. Now the glass is overflowing!

You get what you give, you  reap what you sow.

People have started to worry me about this "Pain in my neck." (Glass half full)

I decided  if it turns out to be something big I am lucky it's in God's hands. (Glass totally full)

I don't believe it is...I think it's me over doing it and just getting old.

Just in case, I sat in my daughter's room tonight after I got home from work and expressed (with a stiff neck) how much I loved and how proud I am of her.

If I die tomorrow my only regret will be that I haven't finalized the plans for the "Par-Tay" I want to take place when I leave this earth. I want a disco ball and a keg by the entrance to the dance hall.

I want my brother to emcee my "Event." He'll give me the send off I truly want. Lots of laughs, memories that will make people chuckle and memories that will make people smile when they leave.

We are placed on this earth with no guarantees.

Live your life the best you can, do the best you can possibly do and hope you leave a positive mark in the life of ones who matter the most.

I don't THINK I'm going anywhere anytime soon but if I do...

I think I am a funny person, I think I am a  hard working person and think I am a good person who feels compassion for the masses who aren't as fortunate. Sometimes you need to be grateful for things you have been blessed with and not complain about the "Half Empty."

Sometimes you need to quit bitching about the world and just be grateful  you woke up at all. Sometimes you need to look into the face of your child and tell them you love them no matter what.

Sometimes you need to realize your glass has always been full, but in this cynical world is often times hard to do.

I'm almost sure I will be hopping onto Johnny Dear for his last ride of the season tomorrow. I am almost sure I will be here when Massey gets home from school.

Yes it scares me when I think  I am over half a century old...It would be dis honest to say other wise.

I will wake up tomorrow (hopefully) and keep on keeping on.

It reminded me of when Zach was little and  filled out a form in elementary school. It asked where he lived  and he wrote "I live with my family."

I am lucky. My glass has always been at least half full if not running over.

You can be a hater or you can be a lover. I love my life, wouldn't change it for anything. I have three kids I love, a husband banging his head against the closet wall because I am such a freak , who he for some reason loves.

I am a lucky woman...my glass is definitely FULL.





No comments: