Saturday, August 25, 2012

Feeling Better

Slept much better last night, guess my night sweats kept all the cold chills away. Four back to back shifts while sick took its toll on me and I slept till 11AM. Felt much better today and sent Massey to the grocery store with  a grocery list and I jumped on Johnny and headed to the front of the subdivision to cut. I specifically told Massey to fill up my gas can when she went to the store but when I went out to crank up Johnny, there sat my gas can on the garage floor. I borrowed some gas from my neighbor, Mr. Slow Lee and told him I would cut his back yard for him when I got through with the front. I didn't notice when Massey came back home but I noticed when she went to pull back out of the subdivision. I held up my arms and mouthed "My gas?" She mouthed back she was going to get it now.

I was finished with one side of the entrance and had moved to the other when she cruised back in. I waved for her to stop and filled up Johnny's tank. She asked me if she could use my car to go fill out job applications and I told her to be back at least an hour before I had to be at work.

I was cutting right beside the road when she left and didn't see her pull out but she honked the horn as she passed me and scared the crap out of me. My car doesn't have a cute little horn but a BIG car horn and is very loud. I looked up terrified, thinking I was about to be hit by a passing car only to see my daughter going down the street in my convertible, top down and arm waving behind her head at me.

I got through cutting and came home to rehydrate and load up my buddy, Mr. Weed Eater. I didn't have time to finish it all but got one side done and the other one started.

Came home and cut Mr. Slow Lee's tiny fenced in back yard for him. It was reverse, forward, reverse, forward. He has three garden boxes built and Johnny seems like a giant in his little back yard.

I had time to lay on the sofa for thirty minutes before I had to get ready for work. Work was busy, extremely busy and I regretted all the yard work I had done by seven thirty.

I feel much better but my stomach is still on the fence. I ate some yogurt before leaving for work and had a salad and a cup of pasta fagioli soup before I started my shift. I was off by 10:30 and at  the grocery store by 10:45. Massey had run all my gas out and I needed to pick up the things she didn't get...also specifically on her list.

On another note..."Pup Date" number three:

That Ziggy is a brat, a cut brat but a brat none the less. He terrorizes the other two and never seems to run out of energy (or poop.)

I was in the back yard yesterday and found a huge turtle by my back door. We have a creek in the woods at the back of our property. I went to pick up the turtle and return him to the creek. Seems the pups found it first and obviously had a grand ole time. There was nothing left but the shell. No bottom, no innards. Nothing but the shell. It was so clean I could use it as a soup bowl.

I hate to think what those last hours were like for poor Mr. Turtle. I have seen first hand how they  torture and play with the huge bull frogs that unknowingly hop into our back yard...it's not pretty. I'm not a big fan of frogs and  can't bring myself to pick one up. The dogs push it around, step on it's legs, wait for it to jump and then start the game all over again.

At least the dogs have a huge yard to romp and play in and plenty of nature to torture to death. When a frog death occurs,  they are banned from the house for at least five hours. Frog guts give them the same kind of stomach problems I have had...maybe I ate a bull frog in my sleep!

They chase every bird that lands in my yard. They try to get the little rabbits too but those little buggers can hop pretty  fast when three dogs are in pursuit. I feel like I am going to pull into my driveway one day and see Mother Nature, Chip and Dale and Peter Rabbit with  picket signs..."Kelly's dogs are killers."

I love my dogs though, they make me happy. They seem to know when I feel bad and never complain when they have to wait to be fed. When I get home they are always the happiest ones to see me. They never ask for money or my car. Not one of them have ever been arrested.

On the flip side, none of my teens have ever taken a dump on my floor, chewed up my flip flops or rooted through my bathroom trash can. (Yet)

Yep! I'm keeping the dogs...the kids will all be gone in less than a year and I'll need somebody  to keep this ole lady company.

Til next time...COTTON







No comments: