Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Two Years And Two Months

Wow! I logged in to see I've had over 40,000 hits on my blog. Guess some body's reading it besides me.

It's been a long road for three years but a road I was obviously destined to walk. Walk it I did, stumbled but was picked up by family, friends and strangers and encouraged every step of the way.

At the age of fifty I had to apply for food stamps, unemployment and medicaid. It was the most humiliating and humbling thing I have ever done but when it comes down to taking care of my family, I would throw myself in front of a train to save them.

We had  to file for bankruptcy because we were five years away from paying off our house and the bank wouldn't modify our loan...they simply wanted our house because it would be a huge profit for THEM.

I fell into a depression that seemed to have no bottom, but scraped myself off  the floor and went to see friends that owned a restaurant. They hired me on the spot and for two years I worked eleven and twelve shifts a week, sometimes more. Tim got a job, then a better job.

Year one it was full steam ahead. Year two I began to lose steam and my mind. I have cut way back on my hours and it's like a whole new world.

Karma came around last night when I learned the manager who fired me after fourteen years at my old job had just been fired for something as frivolous as he fired ME for.

My husband keeps saying not to gloat but I can't help it.

I talked to one of my former co workers today and they said "I knew when he fired you...he had it coming, in a big way."

Karma could change the world...it has changed mine. We lost so much but were given even more. We persevered and kept on kicking.

We are so close to being back...so close to moving forward. We are lucky, we are blessed and we are determined.

As for my former manager...I will try not to gloat but simply think Karma actually does exist.

What goes around comes around...and I survived  to see it!

Til next  time...COTTON



No comments: