Monday, July 23, 2012

Hotter Than July

Leave it to me to wait until 1:30 PM to decide it's time to trim the bushes beside our front porch. I toted my trusty electric hedge trimmer out of the garage around to the front porch dragging the twenty foot drop cord behind me. After the fifty foot walk to my front porch I dropped the cord, lay the trimmer down on the steps and went straight in the front door. I was dripping with sweat...and "I'm a Leo , I love the sun!" This weather is brutal.

Fixed a huge cup of water and forced myself back out the front door.

My bushes are out of control by my porch. They aren't bushes anymore... they are short wide trees. For years I kept our yards immaculate. The past three years I've just been happy to have a roof over us and have worked so much that the only thing I do is keep the yards cut and trimmed.

I have decided what I need is a stinking chain saw. My tiny electric hedge trimmer is just a middle man at this point. I'm cutting out the middle man and going straight for cutting the bushes in half from the top and then sawing off the front half as well. I buzzed at  the bushes for thirty minutes with my hedger, felt two strokes  approach but dodged  them both. The sweat was dripping in my eyes so fast I couldn't see clearly and after making enough progress I could at least notice when I backed my car out for work and drove up the street, put the hedger down and sneaked back in the front door like Bill Murray sneaking away from the golf course in Caddy shack.

It took me ten minutes to quit sweating. I love hot weather but this is borderline Heat insanity. I took a cool shower and got ready for work. Walked in the back door at work and the thermostat on the server's side of the kitchen read 97 degrees.

Jeez...this summer is making my hot flashes the only things that cool me down. By the time I leave work it looks like my face is covered in Crisco and I'm just waiting to be put in  the fryer.

Tomorrow I have to tackle my back yard...with three dogs pooping in it for a week while I was chilling on the beach, it looks like a wheat field. I'm gonna be smart and start at 8:30 AM. Zach and I are going to lunch together at noon and then I will finish up with Mr. Weed Eater (He's amazing)

Wednesday is reserved for the front of the subdivision, it's getting bushy too.  My brother in law is  coming over with a chain saw to  cut my bushes in half.

I know what you are already thinking...but Zach can just "Look" at  Poison Ivy or Oak and it would require a trip to the emergency room. My front bushes  are full of both and mainly the reason I want them cut drastically back.

Today DID wear me out but am headed to bed early. I've already made my list of "Things to do" for tomorrow and that actually helps. If you get half of the things done on the list...you are a productive person. If you DON'T make a list how do you keep track of progress?

1 comment:

les lunettesde soleil pas cher said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.