Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Here She Goes... Into the Wild Blue Yonder

Tim and I have two more days left on the beach. Tim is driving Massey to Daytona early in the morning to catch a flight to Destin. She is driving to Colorado with her aunts "Dellen." (as she calls them) Dear friends of mine and just great peeps all around. I would trust Del with my life and often have...now I am entrusting Massey to them for the greatest road trip a sixteen year old could ever dream of.

She will get to spend a night in Baton Rouge, visit New Orleans, Dallas, Colorado (where they have a house) Cincinnati and many other places along the way. I am excited for her and still thinking about squeezing my tiny self into her carry on bag!

We have had a great time here, enjoyed having my Maw in Law over every night and visiting with Tim's two brothers that live here. My niece rode down with us to visit her Dad and it has been nice to spend time with her as well as my new sis in law. I have done nothing but relax, tan, eat and drink.
Water all day and Natty's at night!

Massey and I have been joined at the hip the past five days and it has been great. The lifeguard stand is directly in front of where we dump our junk on the beach every day and I'll have to agree with Massey...it's been pretty nice scenery. Buff tan young guys with waves as a back drop. Massey liked the "Beach Scene" and I will have to admit sometimes I was glad I had my sunglasses on so I could stare at them as well !

She leaves tomorrow on her big adventure and I know  I need to get used to this. Next year this time she will be leaving for college and unfortunately it won't be with Del and Ellen. It will be JUST her.

Thank The Lord I have twelve months to mentally prepare myself.

 TJ is in Los Angeles visiting a friend and by the pics on his FB page is having a ball. Zach is enjoying having the house to himself and has checked in more often than I thought he would.


How did my kids all grow up so quickly? I often wonder if I did a good job as a mother but when I sit back and see all of their accomplishments I would like to think that I contributed to their successes.


Yesterday was eye opening to Massey (as well as me) and think we both came away from seeing a stranger die to realize once again how precious the gift of life is.


Tomorrow my girl heads off into the wild blue yonder...and I will sit on the beach and ponder.


Mother, mother ocean, I've heard you call 
Wanted to sail upon your waters 
Since I was three feet tall 
You've seen it all, you've seen it all 

Watch the men who rode you 
Switch from sails to steam 
And in your belly you can hold the treasures 
Few have ever seen 
Most of them dream 
Most of them dream 

Yes, I am a pirate two hundred years too late 
Cannons don't thunder there's nothin' to plunder 
I'm an over forty victim of fate 
Arriving too late, arriving too late.


I love the ocean. I always have. Now I will have two days to sit on a beach for the first time in 22 years without any kids and ponder my life, all the whats whys and howcomes.


I am proud of myself and proud of my family. I am proud I have made it this far...sometimes I didn't think I would, but I did.


Once Massey makes her connecting flight and reaches Del and Ellen's arms I can relax...TOTALLY.


This means I will finally after many, many years and many ups and downs have 48 hours of ME TIME.


Tim comes and goes on the beach. Me, I go down at ten in the morning and can stay til four in the afternoon. I love to read, I love to people watch and believe it or not I like to simply do nothing but look at the ocean. Mother Nature is a mighty beast and fascinates me minute by minute, wave by wave.


Still haven't blogged about my Maw in Law but that will have to wait til my youngest makes it to Destin!


Til next time...COTTON 


1 comment:

les lunettesde soleil pas cher said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.