Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Happy Birthday To Me :)

Snapped this picture after I came home from finishing the front of the subdivision today. At least I am keeping my vacation tan but the wind that was blowing today destroyed my hair do! I thought I was holding up a birthday card but didn't have my glasses on and grabbed my passport.

I still look pretty  good for fifty two...and you should see my body! I weigh less than I did in high school and I was skinny in high school. In other words I look terrible and need to gain about ten pounds, but at least I am still here.

 I may be skinny but I am strong and have learned over the past two years I am also pretty tough.


Did I really look like this and why is my head so big? And look at those teeth! Thank goodness my Diddy never bowled or drank. He'd a stuck his thumb down my throat and jabbed his other two fingers through my eyes and took me with him the Triangle Lanes to bowl with.










I guess I'm getting somewhat better looking by  this point but not by much. I look kinda somber and all thinky. That phase apparently ended the next  day and  never visited me again.

                                                                 NEXT!!!

Things obviously went from bad to worse by the looks of the above photo. Momma even gave up on giving me cute little bows. I think I may remember them wondering if there had been a baby swap.

                                                                  NEXT!!!

Oh I'm a real beauty now and it seems  they also tried to enlist me in the Navy. Look at Cindy though. No wonder I still thought I may have a chance and Chris is totally hanging a bird with his right hand. Yep! That's my family!

                                                                   NEXT!!!

I'm gonna skip high school and college because it doesn't get better and looking at these photos make me wonder why I never considered suicide as a teen. I just thought I would include a photo of me when I guess I was a member of The Partridge Family.


Somehow, someway I endured being the ugliest kid on earth. Crap...they should have started a foundation for my pitiful looking self!

But I was a happy kid. I was ugly but I was happy. I had the greatest two parents in the world. I had the worst brother and sister in  the world that turned out to be my two best friends once we all grew up...and it took ME a while.

I have ended up a frazzled but mostly happy crazy lady who loves to laugh and isn't afraid  to cry. I try to love every person and sometimes it's tough. But as "Ellen" (huge fan) says... "Haters are my motivators."

Over the past two years I have truly learned humility. Every person no matter how rich or poor needs to know how to be humbled and how to feel not only compassion but love in it's truest form... "Given Freely."



 So I ended up looking like the photo below. I've seen better but I've seen worse. At least I am still smiling.




The best part of my adult life started when I met Tim and starting shoving him down the path of life. He gave me three great kids. I love them each so much it physically hurts and each in totally different ways.

I got me some  youngins!!

You know what? I got me a good life!

I know I am not mainstream. I am avid about my beliefs and tolerant of idiots. I love my friends who disagree politely and feel sorry for peeps who don't seem to realize there is a reason they call it an opinion...there's more than one.

God is thunder booming overhead outside right now. Lightning and thunder.

"Thanks for the fireworks, Big Guy!"

Greatest birthday present ever? That's right I am off til Friday morning!

But really...was I an ugly kid or WHAT?


Another year  on this side of the dirt!!

Til next time...COTTON

No comments: