Saturday, July 7, 2012

All Chicks Back In The Nest

No my kid's aren't bald eagle chicks but I hope they each soar to great heights. TJ came down for a visit today. Charlie was really happy to see his "babydaddy."  Ham and Charlie got into a fight the other day in the back yard. Massey was out back with  them when Charlie decided out of the twenty chew toys I have in the yard, he wanted the one Ham was chewing on. That didn't go over well with Ham and as usual, he had Charlie pinned down when I ran out the back door hearing Massey screaming at  the top of her lungs. Dog  fights are horrible to witness...especially when a bulldog is involved. They can be getting their butt beat (which he was) but never give up. I finally pulled Ham off and he went running for the back door. Charlie's face was a mess. Ham had him pinned by  his snout and Charlie was bleeding like crazy. I whipped them both, put Ham inside , cleaned up Charlie's face and slathered it with neosporin.

They have been doing so well, especially with  the new pup. (who hid under the patio table during the entire debacle)  We haven't had a dog fight for well over a year.  It may have been the 100 degree heat or it may have just been another "Battle of the balls."

They both  knew they were in  trouble. Later that night I looked out back and Ham was licking Charlie's battle scars...Idiots!

Charlie has been sluggish ever since.  He hasn't been eating a lot but his nose has been wet and if I had MY butt  whipped by a 85 pound boxer/english bulldog mix think I would probably be a little squeamish too.

That all changed today when TJ came in the house. I think Charlie thought TJ  heard he was wounded and came by  to check up on him. I put the other two dogs out back and let TJ love on his boy for a while. Charlie perked right up!

TJ loves the new pup...who couldn't love our new tiny black horse? All  the dogs have behaved and it's been nice having TJ here.

TJ may be my step son but have never considered him one. People that have known me for years are often surprised if I happen to mention TJ's mom. When I met Tim,  TJ was just turning two and has been in my life since.  I've been a mom to him longer than I have to Massey and Zach...he'll always be my first born. (who left no stretch marks or sore booty)

For years it was TJ and Zach  that were close. Once Zach started to flounder he didn't like anyone. Massey and TJ are closer now and although I love them being close, I hate Zach and his big brother not being closer.

Today the tide just as suddenly changed. I went out to cut my neighbor Mr. "Slow" Lee's grass and came back inside. TJ and Zach were in  the living room together watching a movie and talking. It made my heart sing!

I am so close to my brother and sister now. When we were young...not so much. The older we got, the more parents we lost, the closer we became. I want this for my own three. Fight now if you want, have falling outs and falling aparts.

To my kids:

As you  grow older, grow closer. Remember that I love you all equally in different ways but with the same passion. Remember all  the cookies and brownies I made you, boo boos I kissed and papers I helped you  write in school. Remember when I checked you out of school for no reason and checked  you in late for the same non reason. Remember all  the times I bailed you out, literally  and figuratively. Remember that under ANY circumstance you can each three come to me and I will help. Know that you are loved more than anything in my heart mind and soul after The Big Guy upstairs and even though I don't deserve "Mother of the year" you kids rock my world!

You have kept me young  at heart and at  the same time made me an old woman but I wouldn't change having  the three of you for anything in this world. Yes I remember all the trips to the ER. I remember all the stitches. I remember your stay in Egleston hospital that terrified me. I remember the first  time you had a car wreck. I remember when you totalled MY car out.

I also remember when you  made me a polar bear out of clay...it still sits in my kitchen window. I remember when you made me a lady bug out of a rock, it sits by  the polar bear! I remember so many things that I could go on forever.

God forbid something happens to my mind and one day I become a discombobulated mess...know I will appreciate you taking care of me or finding some nice place for me to sit and try and remember.

But at  the age of fifty two, I have the most glorious and sometimes gloomy memories of all three of you. I still think there was a baby swap when you were all born but I am keeping you all.

You are all three unique. You are all three so different. You are all three mine and I could not love you more if someone held a gun to my head.

Growing older now and you three (as Massey  says) "Most  Probs" don't read my blog... but now it is written in cyber space...which I heard is the new "Written in stone."

You three are  the best part of me...and for that I sincerely "Thank You!"

Til next time...a contented COTTON









No comments: