Friday, March 30, 2012

On the Road Again

Massey is headed to Destin for a week with one of her BFF's. They are staying with my high school friend who has a castle a couple of blocks from the beach. They were going to fly down.  Her friend's dad works for Delta so she can fly free and my sister was getting Massey a buddy pass. Seems everyone else had the same idea. I got off work tonight and called my sister...all flights over sold, even into Mobile.

Massey,  was to say at the very least extremely disappointed when I got home from work (my eighth day straight of working.)

Massey has been planning this trip since last June when she spent a month in Destin with my dear friends who spoil my girl rotten.

I can remember being a kid (believe it or not) and when something is planned it is a MAJOR bummer when things go awry.
I remember when we went to Panama City every year with our family for vacation when I was a kid. If they didn't take us to the "Miracle Strip" the very first night we (I, my sister and brother) all got worked up.

I contemplated driving the girls down in the morning...didn't want to but would.

I was sitting at  the computer when my friend from Destin called. She said Sunday was supposed to be great at the beach and she was off work on Saturday so how about if I just drove the girls to Montgomery (the halfway mark) and she would meet us there?

How I have such awesome friends is sometimes...no ALWAYS a mystery to me. I bumble my way through life, make mistakes on a hourly basis yet always seem to pull a proverbial rabbit out of my hat. Most magicians have ONE "lovely assistant." I have tons!

I was actually dreading having to drive to Destin and back on my only day off...now I am excited about the much shorter road trip...even more excited that the second half I will be alone. I love my little car! It's older but there's nothing like flying along in a convertible Beemer with sun on your face and wind in your hair.

So my friend will meet us halfway, take the girls back to her castle and they  will fly back next weekend. The only loser in this is my friend... but she acts likes it is no big deal (one of the many reasons I love her dearly.)

You know what? I think it is a win/win. The girls get to the beach on time. I have a nice little road trip with some alone time that I NEVER have to myself and can still be home in time to pick up an extra dinner shift at work!

Things happen for a reason...I am a firm believer in that as well as Karma. Heading to bed and packing  the car when I wake up.

Road Trip..."Here I come!"

Til next  time...COTTON

No comments: