Monday, January 23, 2012

OOPS!!

Got home from a double shift on Sunday night. I should have gone to bed but of course I didn't. Tim needed the computer for work so I headed to the living room with a bottle of Murphy's oil soap, a bottle of Windex and a bottle of my buddy,  Mr. Clean. I dusted and cleaned and cleaned and cleaned. Front windows, TV, mantle and fireplace, tables lamps and the kid's game systems. I watched Grand Torino while I did all this and was exhausted by  the movie more than the cleaning. Cleaned cobwebs from the walls with a broom and plucked dead leaves from all the plants. I finished cleaning and cried like a baby at the end of Grand Torino like it was the first time I had watched it.

Went to bed after a snack of peanut butter and crackers and that is all I remember...

Woke up this morning to the sound of rain pounding my house like a wake up call. Unfortunately it WAS my wake up call. The clock by  the bed said 10:36.  I was supposed to be at work at 10:30.

I HATE waking up that way! I ran into the bathroom to wash my face and screamed into Zach's room "Get up...you gotta take me to work, NOW!"

I called Barb and told her I overslept. I slapped on some more deodorant and wet my hair down, stuffed my make up into a zip lock baggie and was in the car five minutes after waking up. I got to work and by  the grace of God we didn't have anyone come in right at opening. I went in the restroom to put on "My Face" and couldn't see what I was doing. I use a magnifying mirror at the house which almost helps. At work...I was as blind as Helen Keller. I need my glasses to see anything close up, but how do you put on mascara with glasses ON?

I just stood far back from all my tables and tried to smile a lot, smiling always helps! Zach and Massey picked me up after my lunch shift and I went home and assumed the position for forty five minutes between shifts. That would be assuming I was flat on my back ,  to not muss my pitiful make up job or hair do. I woke forty three minutes later and screamed downstairs to Massey  to bring up the zip lock baggie with my make up in it off the kitchen table. I put on a little more blush and wiped away the smudges from my blind mis guided mascara strokes from earlier this morning.

I touched up my face in  my magnifying mirror (an old woman's bestie) and headed back to work. Had an excellent night at work. It was slow but I waited on four tables and walked out with a pile of money... maybe they were pity tips for the pitiful way I looked but "I'll Take'em" any way I can gettum!

Heading back to bed...dang this old age is creeping up on me sooner than I would have liked, but it still beats the alternative!

Setting my alarm now...COTTON

No comments: