Friday, January 20, 2012

Give That Man a Gold Star!

So I had a day off this week and did absolutely nothing until after four PM. I should have been good to go for another two weeks. Truth is "I ain't."

I have worn myself down and having a bit of trouble bouncing back.

Today I didn't have to be at work until 5:30. Today also happened to be my husband's first day off (yeah that's right he gets two off in a row... boy is HE spoiled)

He took Massey to school and when he came back I rolled over and said over my shoulder "Breakfast sounds great if you'd bring it to me up here in the bedroom." He replied "That ain't happening" and walked out of our bedroom. Five minutes later I smelled sausage cooking. Ten minutes later I propped up on two pillows and chowed down. He seemed a little ticked when I mentioned he hadn't brought me a napkin so I just said for him to get me a wash cloth out of the linen closet by  our bedroom. Two minutes later he came back with TWO napkins and a big glass of orange juice. It was wonderful and right in time for the beginning of me watching my recorded episodes of Modern Family and Parks and Recreation from last night. After my breakfast I looked out the window at a gray and rainy day.

Now THIS is a day to sleep! (I thought to myself as I rolled back over)

Three hours later I hollered back downstairs to him in the living room and said "Lunch please. Just a bologna sandwich with spicy mustard and some pickles, nothing fancy but a cold Co-Cola out of the fridge would be nice." At least I said please.

"BAM"! Maybe eight minutes later I had me a whopper of a sandwich, Wavy Lays and a cold Coke sitting in front of me. I had sat up by then, thinking I might be getting bed sores. It was delicious...could have used more mustard but who am I to complain? Thirty minutes later he said from downstairs "Are you going to pick Massey up from school?"

I think he heard my "HA!" from downstairs and five minutes later I heard him leave the house.

He got back from picking Massey up and when she came upstairs to visit me in my ICU  I mentioned for her to ask her Dad if he would iron me a work shirt when she went back downstairs to the land of the living.

I crawled out of bed at 4:30 and crept my way to the shower. When I came out I had a work shirt ironed hanging on the closet door.

We have been together twenty three years (I guess he is a slow learner) but today was just exactly what I needed. I thought one day off would do it but it didn't.

Today was like spending a day at the spa without a bill. I got fed twice, only had to roll over or wipe my face with a napkin, change the channel on the TV and woke up dizzy from being in a prone position for over ten hours...It Was Great!

You know, I am married to a great, great man. Not only does he put up with ME but  has never ONCE tried to kill me.
I am feeling better now. Work wasn't so bad and six hours later I am sitting in a chair at my house writing about my day.

I don't know why Tim loves me except for the fact that he seems to know I love him too....and I do!

Things are getting better every day, it's just taking a while for me to get over helping things to get better.

Thank the Lord he is off  Saturday too!

Til next  time...Give my man a Gold Star, COTTON!

No comments: