Sunday, January 15, 2012

As The Dishwasher's at Work... Say "O MI Dios"

I "Think" my last day off was January 4th... I can't remember. I "Know" that I had January 1st off and find it hard to believe I would have taken two days off in one week. I was doing fine until I went into work this morning to open and knew I had to work a double shift. Then the new schedule was posted and I saw that I was working another double shift on Monday. I'm glad that I am, school is out for MLK Day and we should be busy but stupid football playoffs ruined lunch for us and by the time I came back for dinner all I wanted to do was go back home. Lucky for me the other waitress who was a double has been off for five days and wanted to stay. I clocked out by eight o'clock.

I look at  it this way...get home by eight and have a few hours to myself, go to bed by eleven and sleep for ten hours. Heck...That's ALMOST like a day off. I have tomorrow and Tuesday and then , "With God as my witness" I am taking a twenty four hour stay cation.

The kids and even the ole hubby have been really good lately about helping out...just goes to prove what a major meltdown/ shi* pitching tirade can do! (Maybe I should do it more often)

Granted they don't clean the way I would but when they at least give it their best effort, my job is halfway done. So they load the dishwasher but leave the sinks filthy and the traps full of cereal. I can deal with that.

So they empty the trash in the kitchen...and plop the bag down in the garage when the trash bin is only twenty feet away outside. That's saving me five feet of walking!

If I could just teach them to sort and fold socks I would be happy as a pig in slop. This is going to be "MY" year! Things are turning around and my head seems to have quit rotating 360 degrees when I have my meltdowns. Just yesterday I shooed away the Priest at my front door , telling him Reagan didn't live here anymore, but thanks for the offer of a "One time free" exorcism.

I truly believe if the economy didn't suck so bad we would have rebounded much sooner. I also  believe that having a job where I can work as much as I need to has helped tremendously. I am getting close to my breaking point but even closer to the point where I can take at least one day off a week and start to resemble my old self again. What sucks is that I have aged so much in the past two years that I hardly resemble my old self at all.

On the up side, at least now Massey knows what her Grandma, who she never got to meet looks like!
I can do this..two shifts tomorrow and only one on Tuesday. I may rename myself "Wednesday's Child."

I don't mean to sound like my life sucks. I mean the total opposite. These past two years have been the greatest test I have ever endured and I think I'll give myself a B+ and shoot for an A+ in 2012!

Cooking some delectable grilled cheese sandwiches and crawling into bed with my pups.  Tim's still at work. HEY! It's first come first serve in our bed. He can kick them out when he gets home...til then they are the most fabulous foot warmers EVER!

Til next time...Counting down the days COTTON!

No comments: