Sunday, September 4, 2011

Shawty Steering...

This was the only picture I could find to post...If  reversed it would tell the story.

I had to work this morning and my Lil' Beem of sunshine is still in the ICU at the car hospital. Tim works on Sunday too but found a ride to and from with a co worker and let me borrow his car. I left this morning with no minutes to spare and jumped in his SUV.

"CRAP" I forgot his electric seats quit working a while back. Tim is six foot three and I am five foot three. My feet were dangling above the floorboard from the seat and I couldn't reach the gas pedal. Now I had minus one minute to spare and looked in the back seat for something to bump me up to driving height. I found a beach towel and a pair of golf shorts and crammed them behind my lower back and put the car in  reverse. Once I backed out of the driveway and put the car in drive my foot slipped off  the gas pedal.  I grabbed the steering wheel and pulled myself up enough to punch on the gas and took off. If I let up on my grip on the wheel my butt slid back in the seat and I lost foot control. Thank the Lord I only have a seven minute drive to work.

I walked into a chaos of a lunch shift but was grateful to have it. I was supposed to get off at four and didn't leave til after five thirty. I had to go to Big Lots only a two minute drive from the restaurant so I grabbed a box from  the back of the kitchen and took it with me to the car. I put it behind my back and started the car. It wasn't comfortable but at least I could reach all the necessary controls. I walked into Big Lots...intending to buy Massey a monthly planner that was on sale for three bucks but as soon as I walked in saw a twelve roll of  toilet paper that looked exactly the right size and shape to serve as a back cushion for the car.

When I left Big Lots an employee was sitting out front smoking a cig on break and stared at me as I placed the twelve pack of toilet paper on the back of the driver's seat and slipped in.

My life is a comedy...it suits me just fine. As long as I keep making strides and moving ahead my life is my comic relief.

Hoping tomorrow is as busy as the past three days have been at work...I'll have Lil' Beem of sunshine out of the ICU and maybe have enough to get a day off breather.

What matters most to me is that life has gotten SO much better, we are finally moving forward as opposed to treading water and before you know it I will be able to throw away my nose clip that kept me from drowning and burst from the waters of debt and soar like a bird.

If my life wasn't funny, it would really suck.

I have three great kids and a husband that keeps coming home from work each night...What more could a girl ask for?

Til next time...COTTON

No comments: