Saturday, September 24, 2011

Back to Normal

After 28 hours of sleep in two days I am finally feeling back to normal. Just look at me!

I am back in the swing of things and woke up feeling pretty good this morning. I picked Massey up from her sleep over at noon and went and got my "hair did". Twenty bucks... that includes a six buck tip, and it wasn't even a barber shop! I go to  Great Clips where I have found a girl that cuts it just the way I like.  I sat down in her chair the first time I went and said "Make me look like a cute fifty-ish year old lesbian."

I like my hair short for a number of reasons. Number one I drive with the top down on my car unless it is raining. Number two if my hair is short I have less gray hair. Number three it takes me ten seconds to do my hair. Number four and most importantly I like it this way.

I got home and jumped on Johnny. After the torrential rain we had a couple of days ago my back yard was getting bushy. Zach cut it for me last week and although I was grateful it was definitely a "Zach cut." No weed eating where the riding mower couldn't go. The grass was almost knee high around the patio and the picnic table that sits in the yard. The grass was so high I couldn't even see the stepping stones that lead to my hammock.

 It took me a while to cut because I may let my house go with a fluffed over / Febreeze enhanced cleaning but when I cut a yard I am totally anal. I cut the entire yard starting on the outer edges cutting towards the center with the blade on level three. Then I reverse  and start in the center, go back with the blade up on level five and blow all the cut grass back to the edges of the privacy fence where I can weed eat it all. When you have two big dogs it's best not to have a ton of loose grass for them to tromp in and bring back into  my Febreeze enhanced / sorta  clean house. It took me more time to weed eat around the patio and picnic table than it did to cut (and re- cut) the entire yard. I'm "Rain Man" with a weed eater. I cut the tall crap down to where I could see the stepping stones, then raked up all the excess and put it in the fire pit out in the middle of the yard. Then I went back and edged every stepping stone and the patio and around the privacy fence. No job is complete until I sweep the patio clean of all grass I have blown onto it and the patio table and chairs.

From now on if we have company come over,  I think I'll tell them to knock on the back gate and just let them sit on the patio at the table and admire my handiwork. Maybe they will think "Dang if her yard looks THIS good, imagine what the inside looks like!"

Looks like I have about four  more weeks to have company come over. Guess I will have to clean the garage next!

Til next time..."Cuttin' COTTON"

No comments: