Saturday, June 11, 2011

The Boys of Summer...

It's still just me and the boys. Some nights there are two of Zach's friends sleeping over in addition to Tim and the two male pups. Attendance varies from night to night and is not required by all on roll. I actually like having Zach's friends stay over...at least I know they are safe.

Massey has obviously declared her emancipation from our family for the summer but at least she is having a ball. I opened a card from the mail the other day and could tell it was a Thank You note. I didn't remember buying or even giving anyone anything lately...I knew several grads and have hugged them all...that was the limit of my gift allowance this year but they gave ME the great gift of all finishing high school and letting me see them walk across that stage. I have made a note of them all and when I become a famous writer I will fund each and every one of their college educations...by  the time that happens they will all be through playing around and ready to make the plunge into adulthood, and who will be daBomb.com?
  ME!!
 I bet THEN they'll all think I am as funny and talented as I already think I am. Nothing like a good ole "TOLD-CHA" before  funding six or seven kid's college education!
I know I am dreaming but wouldn't that be a GREAT thing to happen?

Anyhoo... it WAS a Thank You note in my mail box...It was from one of Massey's teachers, one I  heard a lot about but had never met.

It read:
"Mr. and Mrs. Cotton, I just wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed teaching Massey this year and thank you for raising such a great girl. She always brightened up my day and I know she will go far in life! Have a great summer!"

Talk about some gravy! Life has been slowly but steadily turning around for us. We lost our beloved oldest pup, but Tim has a promising new job and Zach escaped/ graduated from the brain washing he was subjected to for fourteen years (and has the diploma to prove it.)

It was icing on the cake ..."I done good with ONE of 'em the first try!"

It was the first time  I have ever received a thank you note from a teacher I  never met...although as soon as Zach's teachers recover from the trauma of teaching him this past year I am sure a few more will trickle in.

Double icing...

Still missing my ole girl Rosie... Went into work tonight and my little "Frenchy" co worker handed me a card. It was addressed to "Kelly and family." It had a beautiful picture of a boxer on front, she looked just like Rosie. On the inside she had simply written  "Let Rosie's good memories stay in your heart."

I am a blessed person. I am married to my total opposite, have three kids far from perfect but that couldn't love me more... even if they had to admit it. I love Tim and them right back and am grateful they love a freak of nature like me.

Last night I had a party in the "Blue Room" at work where I shattered a glass table a couple of nights ago. When they were paying the bill one of the women placed both of her hands on the glass table to get up and it flew up and banged back down. As I expected it to shatter like it had two nights ago I let out a scream right into her ear like Lucy did when Ricky caught her and Ethel by surprise. I apologized to the woman and said it brought back bad memories...call it Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.

All the boys are home but one... he is working late and not related to me so I'll just leave a light on so he can see that he is welcome. It can be three in the morning when I hear that front door open but to know that one more kid has a place to stay and be safe is a pretty good feeling.
Life is good, life is what you make it.

Once again...I am a lucky woman!

Til next time...COTTON

No comments: