Friday, April 8, 2011

A GREAT Run...

It's been a good run. I've looked at dirty Guard feet. I have made countless new friends.
Have witnessed parents and friends all coming together for one common goal.
I have witnessed Massey growing into a young woman I am extremely proud of... making her own decisions and learning about commitment , dedication and how far that can take you in life.


I have made a lot of new friends and had the time of my life being around all these teens. They excelled in Drama...created a lot of it themselves but always came together when it mattered the most.


They support each other and have renewed my faith in the youth of today.



Massey is closer to some than others but they ALL stand together united as "ECHS Guards."







I cannot say enough good things about the parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles , friends and supporters of this Guard.


I'll give you a gauge to go by...I was a slacker!



I got home from work tonight, tired and worn out. I found out the Guard season was finally over and it wasn't relief I felt...it was sadness. Not for the Guard , but for me.


I wouldn't be around all these kids , parents and excitement anymore.


The Guard is just what I needed at this point in my life.

A reason to smile and reason to "In-Joy."

It has been a reminder that when life gets tough...you have to be TOUGHER!

Just when you think you are alone...you need to look around you.


Extend your hand and it will be firmly grasped by the many that love you and they will pull you through.


It may sound crazy that a high school sport has become so important to me...but it has.


I have a wonderful immediate family but I also have an extended family...The Guard family.


It has been a great run. It has been a thrill.

It has been something that has drained me but has uplifted me ten times over!


Congrats to all these kids!

Thanks for letting me be a small part of your wonderful world.


There's always next year! (unless you are a Senior)


To the Seniors...Believe me, your life is just getting started but what a wonderful way to begin it!


Til next time....a Totally Sucked In "GUARD MOM."



No comments: