Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Maybe I Should Have Rephrased "Make it stop"

And just like "That"...it stopped.

I worked another double shift today, my third in a row and it was a 180 from the previous two days.

That's really okay too. I banked big all weekend and the only price I paid was I now seem to limp all the time.

I worked lunch today and learned a BIG lesson...you can't survive raising teens AND working without a cell phone. I got less than a block from the house and felt my back pocket that I keep my phone in. Uh oh...

I got to work and called Tim. I told him I didn't have my phone and to send Massey a text telling her I had to close on the lunch shift and wouldn't get off until 4:00 and to wait in the band room for me to get there.

My biggest worry was I wasn't really sure if Tim knew how to text.

It's weird...I always carry my phone in my back pocket and keep it on vibrate. Today I bet I felt my back pocket vibrate at least four times and I didn't even have my phone with me. It's like my butt knew Massey was texting me and was sending me remote notifications.

At 3:50 I answered the restaurant phone at the host stand and it was Massey. I told her I would be there in fifteen minutes to which she replied "Are you SERIOUS"?

You would think I had asked her to wait outside in four feet of snow in flip flops and a bathing suit for me to come get her. It was a beautiful day in the high fifties and besides that all her cronies hang out around the band room until at LEAST 4:30.

Having a teen age girl is definite payback...I bet my Mother is "rotfl" up in Heaven.

"btw" I am down here on Earth with two teens that are "idk" DRIVING ME CRAZY?

I will have to say having teens keeps me in the loop, somewhat.

The other day Massey and I were at Kroger when we passed one of her guard buddies. When we left the store she was looking for their car. She said matter of factly "He must be driving the loser cruiser" I don't see the car.

Go ahead, Kelly...walk into the fire. I asked her what a loser cruiser was?

She informed me that was what they called mini vans.

How much do you want to bet that if on her sixteenth birthday I parked a mini van in our driveway with a huge pink bow wrapped around it she would jump with joy and immediately christen it "Massey's Multiples Moving Machine".

I dumped off my little Diva, fed her and her brother..and her brother's friend and went back to work.

On the upside, I found my phone. I had left it in my brother's car that we have "Over Borrowed" for several months. The tag is expired and I only use it to take Zach to school in the mornings. I sit at the traffic light until I see a car that doesn't look like a cop car and scream out in front of them so that I know I won't get pulled over. If the car behind me turns off it's a whole new ball game. Just the other day, THAT happened. I kept looking in my rear view mirror and dadgumit there they were...lights on top of the car behind me.

I started to panic when a side street appeared like a heavenly apparition. I took a left and turned around in the first driveway I saw. I pulled back out and the cop was now in front of me...that was okay, my head lights weren't out and even if they were it was a bright sunny day.

My life is just the way you read it...I couldn't make this stuff up if I tried.

We are on the cusp. We are making strides. We are ALMOST there.

Tim's car is now in the shop and will be fixed in less than two weeks. I don't have all the money but I have a plan (I always do).

The guy fixing it is really nice and I am thinking I will do like I do with every one else wanting money from us. I will go by every day that I work and give him $40. I will chat them up, become their friend. Tell my story of the last year...wow them with my wit and once they know I am good for the money and trust me to pay in full, maybe I can get Tim's car and they will let me pay off the balance within a week's time.

It's not that I am a scam artist. It's I am a person that is reliable and a person that you can trust.

It's supposed to cost between $600 and $800. I am thinking if I can pay$400 they will get it started. If I go by and pay $200 more it will be fixed.

I may be older looking ... but as Tim has always said "You have a PHD in BS that no one can refute".

It's a fact...Karma is real.

I know that if I make good faith attempts and payments...people will have faith in me.

Massey just told me she doesn't have a ride to school in the morning . For Pete's sake...that means I have to elude the cops TWICE in the morning. This should be considered a two part episode of "Cops".

I would prefer "Reno 911".

At least if I get stopped I know they won't film me being hand cuffed bare chested saying "I ain't done NOTHIN, Man"!!

Sometimes it's hard being a Cotton...But it's getting easier and at least I am moving in the right direction and can still laugh about it!

No comments: