Saturday, January 22, 2011

A Word From The Wise

I went to the high school today to help with the big consignment sale before work.

They had plenty of help so I helped in the most critical way...I went shopping.

I got Zach three pair of jeans, two pair of shorts and a sweater. I got some Levi's for myself and spent less than I do when I pick up dinner at a drive thru. It's like I went clothes shopping on the "Dollar Menu".

I went into work at 4 and by 5 I was totally lost. I shared a 15 top with another girl and had six other tables. The owner's wife came up and told me to pick up another table in the bar area and I felt like I was in a pin ball machine.

My new co-worker "Weeds" even said "I think we'll call you Weeds Senior".

It was the busiest two hours of my life.

The manager who was expediting food coming out of the kitchen remarked "When is the last time you helped run some food to a table"?

I felt like saying "Last night "... but stopped what I was doing and pitched in to help.

It didn't stop until almost 9:00 and by then I was so exhausted, mentally and physically that I began to wonder why I have this crazy job?

Zach brought me to work so they could have my car to pick Massey up from practice at nine and come back to pick me up when I got off (hubby still having car issues).

I didn't get off til almost 11:00 and when Zach came to pick me up he came in the front door of the restaurant.

Everyone at work knows Massey. She babysits for a couple of the girls and has hung out with me on some day shifts.

Zach is my loner.

He has worked there twice but in the kitchen so only the kitchen peeps know him.

The bartender told him we were closed, and he said he was waiting for his mom.

There were a couple of regulars at the bar and one or two tables left in the store.

One of the regulars at the bar was "Mr. P". He comes in on a regular basis. He is an older gent, and I use that word because he is a gentleman in every sense .

He wears a suit and tie all the time. If not a suit and tie...he is dressed to the nines. He grew up in Brooklyn, New York.

At Christmas we had a giving tree in the lobby from the Salvation Army. Some little girl wanted a bike and Mr. P wheeled in a brand new girls bike complete with tassells coming out of the handle bars, a basket on front and even a helmet . He said growing up he never had a bike and wanted this little girl to have one. BAM! She did.

I gripe about Zach to my sister and to you (he never reads my blog) but have never mentioned Zach to Mr. P.

Massey has sat next to him several times and eaten, with him always offering to buy her meal. I don't think I have ever mentioned my two boys to him.(my bad)

Tonight when Zach came to pick me up, Mr. P said "Is this one of yours"?

I introduced Zach to Mr. P and told him he was my middle child.

The first sentence out of Mr. P's mouth was "Are you doing good in school ?...you better be because chasing the skirts takes a lot of money and with a good education you can make a lot of ladies happy".

Zach shot me a look like "Thanks a lot" and I quickly told Zach I had never even mentioned having other kids besides Massey to Mr. P.

You brag about the good one's and help out the struggling one's is my motto.

I had to go to the back to check out in the office and when I came back Mr. P was still lecturing Zach on what it takes to make something of your life.

God bless Mr. P.

After we left, Zach said "He was a pretty cool old man."

Obstinate teens can buck and rebuff every single thing a parent says and tries to do.

Let a wise man...a "Dapper Gent" give them a dressing down on their first meeting and it is incredible what they take away from it.

I may have to see if Mr. P wants a room mate.

Made a ton of money...had someone connect with my teen that has disconnected from me for no apparent reason and once again realized the effects of Karma.


Keep giving...and it will be given back.

Keep the faith and faith will be restored to you.

Love and you will be loved.

It's simple...It's so simple that it amazes me.

The Bible sums up life in one sentence...

"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you".

Is that really THAT hard to understand?

Somebody tell God we are sick of Winter in Georgia...He has some skinny Christians freezing down here!

Til next time...pumping up @ 100 pounds strong....COTTON

No comments: