Wednesday, December 8, 2010

What a Wacky World

So I worked tonight.

When I leave work and have only a nickel's worth of gas in my car and it is below freezing out, I stop at the nearest gas station to pump $3.00 to get me home and back to Kroger in the AM for my ten cents off a gallon.

Sometimes it is the owner's son there...a really nice Asian kid. It's a pretty nice gas station, they have a flat screen that the employees can watch movies and cable shows on and they also have a lap top behind the counter where they can surf the net in their down time.

Other times it's two older women (sisters.) One of them is really nice and friendly and the other one is just an old bat. I went in the other night and "The Bat" was the only one there. She had the lap top up and running...a Nazi site complete with an iron cross and pics of Klansman in their robes. She made no effort to hide her surfing. If it was me I would have at least shut the lap top halfway so no one could see that I was a crazy person looking at crazy sites that are a part of the problem with crazy society in general.

Tonight when I went in the nice Asian kid was there and as he looked at me as if I was crazy for buying $3.00 in gas I mentioned the Nazi site the "Old Bat" had up last time I was there. He knew exactly who I was talking about and said they had customers who have mentioned it.

What person (even an old bat) surfs Arian Nation sites and feels it is okay for other people to see that they are nuts?

Granted they are in a southern state...a rural county considered "red neck" by many but inhabited by mostly sane citizens.

He laughed it off but at least I got in my comment about her being an obvious nut job.

I am going to have to pump more gas in when I go to Kroger.

How can people in the year 2010 think that ANYTHING can be right about viewing and following the Klan? How can people be so narrow minded and hateful and expect good things to happen in their own life?

I picked Massey up from school today and she was in tears. Another girl who she didn't even know very well made the comment to her that "You wore that same outfit just last week...are you poor?"

It's a good thing I wasn't there. I would have slapped her face (in the shirt that I wear every other day along with the jeans that I wear on a daily basis) and told her exactly what kind of shallow and spoiled person she was and that in fact she would most probably end up in a loveless marriage to a figure head who would cheat on her from the jump , leave her for a younger woman once he had enough money to pay for her much needed plastic surgery and condo to call her own... while she spent the rest of her pathetic life in therapy trying to become HALF the woman my daughter already is.

I may be poor...but not forever. I know what makes a person good and know how to help not only myself but others as well.

I am working on that money part !

 B98.5 (a local radio station) pays $5000.00 if you are the 98th caller after they play "Jingle Bell Rock" back to back.

I had just dropped Massey off at home and headed into work when it played once. I sat in the car listening to commercials when "BAM" it played again.

I flew into the restaurant and had my cell dialing as I skidded into the office and picked up their land line. I dialed and re dialed, using my cell and the three lines available on the store phone.

My sister called me on my cell and I almost screamed "They're playing it for the second time!" She knows the drill and said immediately "I'm on it!"

I finally got  through and it was ringing! I let it ring and ring and ring. Then I got the fatal "Your call did not go through, please try again."

You can bet your bippy (an old Laugh In line) that I have every radio in my house and  my car tuned to B98.5. My family is already sick of Christmas songs but if there is a chance of five grand...get used to it!

Massey wants a Letterman's jacket (they cost about $260.00). You know, it's like the football jackets  the guys wear in high school when they are on the football team except now the band wears them too. She told me they had one at a consignment shop in our town for $35.00. All I would have to do is buy it and have her letter sewn onto it. I went to the shop today and the woman told me it had sold  not ten minutes earlier.

I have kicked myself for not going there earlier...but hindsight is 20/20.

I have learned quite a bit about hindsight in the past year.

You can always look back but it doesn't help in the least.

 I am going to search Craig's list and local websites to see if I can find another jacket...but if I can't, I will put a down payment on a jacket for her and pay it off like a car loan.

I'm not a Nazi. I'm not a member of some hateful organization. I am a woman who has had some hard knocks but one who can  survive and WILL with the blessing and comfort of God's mighty hand.

I am someone that has some good Karma coming. I am someone that believes in GOD. I am someone who believes that God will take care of me and take care of my family... He has for the past year and he will continue to do so.

I am also a person that is wacky enough to know that B98.5 is going to play that song twice when I am listening and I am going to feel like I am in Australia with Oprah.

Tonight at work I waited on a table of doctors. One of them was the doctor assigned to my Diddy's case when he died of West Nile Virus. Of course he remembered my father, he was the first man to die from West Nile in Fayette County.

I told another server at work that when we  took my Diddy in they told us it was a 114 million to one chance that he had West Nile.

My Diddy died from West Nile Virus...those are some pretty awesome odds.

My co worker told me that if THAT had happened to my Diddy I had some pretty good odds at winning the "Jingle Bell Rock" contest.

You know what? He is right.

114 million to one that my Diddy would die from West Nile and he did.

I am determined to win this silly contest on the radio.

It won't keep me out of debt but will help, it won't solve my problems...but it will make me realize that miracles do happen.

Hey!! I got just a good a chance as anyone...and I THINK I got the BIG GUY on my side..

Til next time

"Crossing fingers and toes" COTTON

No comments: