Tuesday, December 14, 2010

O Brother, Where Art Thou?

My brother.

He is in a class all his own. He is just like our Diddy except that he smokes an occasional cigar and likes Bloody Marys. That's one thing we have in common..The Bloody Marys.

I have never met someone who doesn't like him and if I did it would be a person that didn't carry their own weight. My brother is big about expectations and  commitments.

My Mom died when I was 17. I was devastated and shocked.

 I wasn't even through being a complete bitch to her when she collapsed on a floor out shopping with me and my sister.

It has taken me  thirty three years to deal with losing her. Eight years ago we lost my Diddy (that's what we called him WAY before Puff Diddy) and my brother has unfortunately been left to take care of me and my sister.

I know he cringes when his phone rings and  sees our number. But Kudos to him...he answers every time.

He has once more answered the call.

He has helped me more than he ever should have to and always acts like it is nothing. He gives me  grief and picks on me like crazy but he loves me...unconditionally.

He is a big guy now...and a big guy with his company, but he remembers where he came from. He remembers that he has two sisters and he takes excellent care of us and our kids.

The Cotton's are having a good Christmas.

The Cotton's are even thinking about buying a Christmas tree.

I am thinking by Thursday I should be able to get a pretty good deal on a tree.

My life has been blessed beyond belief. My kid's will be thrilled on Christmas morning and I will be thrilled to see their faces.

I highly recommend having a brother.

I highly recommend taking the worst part of your life and using it as a tool to help others.

When I got off the interstate to go see my brother there was a pan handler with a card board sign so bent up and  over used that you couldn't even read it.
He was pretty spooky looking and I am ashamed to say I didn't roll down my window and give him some money. The truck behind me  rolled his window down and handed the guy a five. They fist pumped and I thought to myself that I was slack for being scared of him.

 Do you know how many times I have been frightened in the past year? Do you know how many times people have given and given and given to me and my family?

I was scared to give to a man that seemed spooky to me. Without love and care , I would BE that spooky man.

.I know it sounds crazy, but I bet  he is on that corner every day.

Don't think that I am not going  back and giving him a twenty. I don't even care if he uses it for booze. If I was living on the streets I would want some booze too.

It's a pretty cold winter and it's not even winter until December 22.

I am living in a warm house and granted we are fighting off the mortgage people...but all this guy was fighting off was the cold.

Hope everyone has a Christmas that reminds them of the REASON for the SEASON.

No comments: