Thursday, December 30, 2010

Learning to "AGE" Mom

So my youngest child has been issued a learner's permit...when will the State of Georgia learn?

It's like every time my dog's hear you pick up their leash and they bolt toward the door. Massey hears my pick up my key and she suddenly appears out of nowhere, dressed to go and holding her wallet with her permit.

She was driving us home from the store yesterday when asked me if she was a "Goodish" driver?

 We finally settled on "Okayish".  I don't like to argue with her when she has both of our lives in her hands while they are in the proper 10 and 2 position.

I'll admit she's better than Zach was at 15. He wrecked my car the second day he had his learner's. Luckily he ran my car into the side of our garage...only damaging OUR car and OUR property. My car still has the battle scars and so does my garage door frame for that matter. I figured I had one more kid  to learn to drive, may as well get it all fixed at once.

I could say "I'm going take all three dogs to the vet to be put to be put down" and Massey would happily chirp "Can I drive"?

I can honestly say that she is a "Kinda Okayish" driver. Hey! She's only been driving a little over a week and hasn't hit anything yet (she's already beat Zach's record).

Only one more day left in this year before I leave it all behind.

 Adios 2010 and Hola 2011.

Work has been balls to the wall busy all week and I look forward to cashing in on it for at least another week or two while all the gift cards are spent.

Massey is spending the night off at her Chorus slumber party, Tim is at work and Zach is...somewhere.

Some dear friends came into work tonight to eat with me and are meeting up with Massey tomorrow to spend a little time. I am going to catch up with them on my short break between shifts and think it is an awesome way to end my year...making money and spending time with family and friends.

Working a double shift tomorrow. Hopefully it will continue to be busy and I can continue the ascent we have been slowly but steadily making.

Holidays tend to be amateur shifts...filled with people that normally don't go out to eat and generally don't know how to tip well.

These are the shifts where quantity pays more than quality and you once again hope it all works out in your favor.

Case in point...I had a couple at one of my tables. I talked them into ordering the Maryland Blue Crab dip. It is truly yummy dip and when I went back to check on them,  the man grabbed me by the arm and declared "Now that was some good crap ".

   I told him "All  the crap  here is good".

It takes all kinds to make up this crazy world and it takes an even crazier kind of person to deal with them.

I can hobnob with snobs and serve them a $100 bottle of wine or can talk about how good the crap is with the simple folks. It's all sells and marketing with a little dose of psychology thrown in.

I look forward to the New Year...or  I should say I just want to "Look forward".

Hopefully I will make it through tomorrow's double shift and look "Forward" to ending my year with a Blog. Most people would say "Bang" but I would rather it be a "Blog".

Til next time and next year...COTTON

No comments: