Wednesday, October 20, 2010

When Did I Start Living in a Disaster Area ?

Here is a picture of Zachary cleaning our living room. At least now we have more open light and my struggling plants should really flourish.

It's not that I have let the house go...it "went" all on it's own.

I have been working so much that housework fell to the bottom of the list about a month ago. If the kids can live with it, so can I. Thank the Lord the dogs can't speak, I think they may be the only ones to complain.

We are starting to look like "Hoarders."

My version of "clean up" is totally different from the concept my kids have. I keep saying that I am going to clean the house on my day off but keep pushing that day off  further down the calendar and have discovered that "Glade Plug ins" are even better than "Febreeze."

We are living in a dust bowl of dog hair and stacked up bills. We are walking around piles of clothes, some dirty and some clean. If I need to leave the kids a note before they go to school I just write it in the dust on the table...if it gets scratched through I know they read it.

I make attempts, I really do!

My life has been such a jumble of work, stress and deadlines that cleaning house is the easiest thing to put off.

I can remember when we moved in our "brand new house" 14 years ago I would vacuum every day. Now I can't remember the last time I vacuumed .

I try to take showers with my eyes shut, telling myself it's to keep soap out of my eyes. It's really to keep myself from seeing another area that has been neglected for WAY too long.

The kids try to help... well Zach does, but he is a male and their concept of cleaning is a LOT different than a females.

I am working til Tuesday and if  DFAC's doesn't show up before then to condemn my house and take my kids away I am going to clean from top to bottom. I am going to wash walls and scrub toilets. I am going to clean ceiling fans and air vents. I am going to condense our piles of crap and get every room in our house so clean that I won't need to spend anymore money on Glade Plug ins but can just smell a "Clean House."

I am worried that publisher's clearing house may show up with the big check and I will be too embarrassed to let them in.

I figure if we have lasted this long in our "Disaster" area...what's six more days?

I can hardly wait to take a shower  with my eyes open! That way I can shave my legs too.

Going to forget about it tonight...like an idiot I picked up a lunch shift tomorrow on top of working tomorrow night.

Gotta go load the dishwasher so everyone can pile more dishes in the sink while I am at work.

Til next time "CRAZY Cotton"

No comments: