Tuesday, October 12, 2010

At Least Massey is Happy

My brother tries to stay away from me as much as possible...I don't blame him one bit. His weak spot seems to be Massey. She has the unique quality of just making you want to love her.

She can be a pain, but can't ALL kids? To make up for being a pain she has a heart of gold and a face that lights up every time she talks . (Her face lights up A LOT)

Last week we attended the 100th anniversary of the church I grew up in. We sat with my sister and brother in the balcony (our regular seat when we were teens.)

Of course we were running (very) late and as I screamed up the interstate Massey was steady texting with her Uncle Chris. As usual he was right on time...but when you are a bachelor it's easy to be on time...you HAVE to be because you have no one else to blame for making you late.

I told her to tell Uncle Chris that we just wanted to make sure the offering plate had already been passed around. He text back and said it had come by and he took a twenty out of the plate for her birthday present.

My brother is the funniest person I have ever met and that's a lot coming from a goof ball like me!

He hasn't seen Massey since her birthday so he told her to pick out anything she wanted and he would get it for her...wait til she turns sixteen and he has to take out a car loan!

She wanted a pair of suede boots with fringe..of course not ANY pair of suede boots but ONE pair of suede boots from the "Minnetonka Moccasin" company.

Like the good Uncle he is, they arrived two days later by Fed Ex air.

She hasn't taken them off and hasn't stopped talking about them.

Thank the Lord the Orthopaedic surgeon we saw recently  for her knee told me that Massey has stopped growing.

Massey is already thinking ahead and asked me how long would it take for her boots to wear out?

The only immediate family I have left are a brother and a sister. My parents left me with two of the greatest Sib's a girl could ever hope for. I know they are sick of me and  probably are having my DNA tested to make sure I am actually a blood relative. I hope they don't have a friend in forensics that can fix a swab an oust me as a relative. I hope this blog doesn't give them any ideas.

I am moving ahead with my plans to try and  publish and have gotten a great web site from a published author trying to help me out (Thanks Yvonne.)

Still hanging on by a thread but grateful that it seems to be a sturdy thread.

Til next time...COTTON

No comments: