Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Whew!! What a Day...

Here's a picture of my baby as a new born. I found it on google after entering "Adopted GX75's at birth."

I can't say much about the sterility of the birthing room but in comparison to my own garage it is like a
private room with a view.

Now that I know he was born in 1996 it all makes sense. I am riding a teen ager. They constantly challenge you...always need a new  pair of shoes (or tires.)

Give them a week or so off and they whine like a baby when you try to wake them up for school (or for a quick cut.)

OH..he tried to get out of work today...complaining about a back tire being low (he probably let the air out himself.)

I shook the can of fix a flat right in front of his steering wheel and dared him to not have his valve in the six o'clock position that is required on the label of the can.

I pumped his lazy back tire up and screamed into the back yard that looked like a wheat field  after the three inches of rain we have had and never took him out of 5th gear.

There is a method to my madness. I cut blowing all the grass OUT from the house, leaving  cut grass piled up and once I have circled my fire pit in the center of the yard turn around and begin to go back over all the cut grass blowing it finally into the fence at the edge of the yard. That way the dogs aren't running through a pile of loose grass and by the time I go over it again in the opposite direction all the loose grass is blown into the edges by the fence and I am left with a nice trim yard with all the cuttings blown against the fence.

Then I crank up my trusty weed eater ( who is obviously an adult) and cut the crap out of the edges and  "BAM" all the loose grass is spread evenly and my work is done.

Am I insane? "Yes."

Am I smarter than Johnny? "On a good day."

He only has a couple  more cuts til he hibernates for the winter.

He whined and bogged down because the grass was so high but I screamed into his ear (exhaust pipe) and said "You're running like a GIRL."

I think that dig got to him. The yard looks great, I am whooped (don't tell Johnny) and  "All's well that's trimmed well."

After finding out he is a teen (born in 1996) that answers so many questions. Teens are a handful. Teens push you until you push them back.

One more cut and he's done for the year. I went into the garage a few minutes ago and patted his tail pipe. I don't want to  him to go to sleep without knowing his Mama loves him.

It's like  teens...give them too much freedom  and they take advantage of you...ride their ass daily and they know what you expect from them and know what to deliver to survive and continue to be a reciprocate of your love and support.

Not too sure what this says about me as a mother...but my kids all know how much I love Johnny and if he helps me reign my kids in and keep them on their toes...Heck, I'll push the yard...Mr. "Slow Lee's"  too.

No comments: