Saturday, September 18, 2010

Tim..."You're FIRED."

For Pete's sake...how hard is it to hold a camera for less than ten minutes and record my daughter performing in a half time show? Obviously extremely hard and undo able for my husband.

He didn't want to go to begin with. He worked last night and instead of coming home and going to sleep this morning he stayed up all day watching college football. I took Massey to practice at 9AM this morning and picked her up at 1PM. Well, it was SUPPOSED to be over at 1PM but by 1:30 I was idling out of gas in the parking lot and pretty ticked off. If they say practice is from 9 to 1...it SHOULD be. They had a ballgame tonight and had to be back at the school by 5.

Her coach decided the guard needed to back at the school by 3:30 for another run through which meant when I picked her up well after 1:30, she had two hours to eat, shower, do her little fancy bun thing with her hair and be back at the school for the run through for the Oscars show. No , wait a minute...it wasn't the Oscars but a halftime show.

I know that their guard is good because they practice like crazy and have "Little Napoleon" (I think that is called an oxymoron) pushing them insanely...but today WAS insane. It was over 90 degrees and these kids were whipped before the show, game or even before the buses pulled up to take them to LaGrange.

I took Massey to eat lunch. Even though we're broke she needed some pampering so we split lunch at Panera and I enjoyed letting HER wind down and ME catch up with all her drama, complaining and venting.

Went home to let her shower and change and Tim said he just didn't feel like going to the game.

"I am tired...I worked all night and haven't been to bed."

I told him the Bulldogs didn't have him under contract...they were losing anyway and quit enforcing my belief that UGA fans are sore losers. (Except my friend, Denise... but of course she's a woman...DUH."

I told Tim that "I" was tired too. I don't work a manual labor job like he does...but I work a full time job and take care of the house... laundry...cooking... dogs...carting kids around, yard and even manage to squeeze in yelling at everybody when they need it.

I felt like using my new favorite line I just learned "Shut the FRONT DOOR!"

HOLY MOLEY...believe it or not, it WORKED!

He told Massey he would go to her game...it made Massey happy beyond belief and made me re consider my decision to never have sex with him again.

I asked him to take my cam corder and record the half time show.

I got home from work to discover there wasn't ONE sheet of toilet paper in the house and after blowing my nose into a wash cloth and throwing it into the laundry hamper went to Kroger to buy some. I had cut grass all day between taking Massey to and from the school and was clogged up like a stove pipe with no vent.

When I got home from 'Krogering' Tim and Massey were home and Massey immediately said "Dad is a terrible videographer."

I downloaded his camera action and hollered upstairs to Massey (I am an EXCELLENT holler er) "He got maybe twenty seconds if I count slow."

But at least he went. At least he represented. At least he was in the stands.

Men just aren't programed like women are. Women seem to want to do it all, men seem to want to just get by without being dogged out by their wife.

So I have no record of the halftime show... but Massey has the recollection that her Daddy came to see her. Tim represented. I hate to give him credit... but dang it I have to!

Raising kids is incredibly hard...especially if you do it right. I hope that I am doing it right.

I am proud of Tim for going. I can even forgive him for his shoddy filming abilities. All kid's want is to be loved, whether they admit it or not.

I love my husband for going the extra mile. It wasn't me going, it wasn't the video I wanted but it was a labor of love and the" intent" was there...."An aim or a purpose."

Dang... I wish someone had told me how much work it is to raise kids and husbands at the same time.

Totally kidding (kinda)

Til next time...COTTON

No comments: