Thursday, September 2, 2010

Oops..."My Bad"

So I got this morning downed three cups of coffee and headed out on my baby "Johnny." The first of the month has rolled around again and I can once again get a check for cutting the front entrance to the subdivision. I have stopped cutting it every two weeks...if they want to pay for two cuttings I'll do two cuttings. It has torn my mower up at least three times and they still pay what they did when we moved in 13 years ago. My oldest son used to push it once a month for $40 which he split with the kid next door. They did a crappy job (what do you expect from a 13 year old?)

I spend at LEAST two hours cutting it and find myself pulling over before I leave the subdivision the next day to pull up a stray weed sticking up and ruining all the neat trim beauty I intended on presenting to the world passing by our subdivision.

My mower is still limping by with a wire coat hanger holding it's new bolt in place and the entire time I am cutting, expect it to snap at any given moment. It held just fine and I was very careful on how far down in the gully to cut while riding my baby. This leaves me with a heck of a lot more to weed eat. I had to stop after an hour of weed eating because my weed eater is a sissy and over heated...(what a baby.)

I came home and fixed a bologna sandwich (the lunch of champions) drank three glasses of water, a coke and ate a fruit bar. After giving my weed eater it's obviously "union required lunch break" I headed back out. The heat had risen at least twenty degrees and the humidity was so high you could see it (not really, but it felt that way to a fifty year old woman who suffers from hot flashes 24/7.)

As I made my last pass on Johnny before finishing up with my sissy weed eater...I went too close to the water meter cover. Luckily the county had replaced all the metal covers with a hard plastic cover last year. I hit it and the cover flew out like a pipe bomb from my mower. It went every where and I am very lucky a car wasn't coming by. It was like a missile...it was like I was the uni-bomber. Pieces of hard plastic were strewn from my side of the street to UP the street to ACROSS the street.

Oops..."My Bad."

No one was looking (that I know of) so I got off of Johnny and collected the shrapnel and the evidence and put it in my Walmart bag that I use to pick up Skoal cans and Colt 45 cans that have been tossed to the wayside as the 'citizens' whiz by our subdivision.

For some reason when people see a gully they think it is a trash can and I guess make themselves feel better for waiting to see a gully before they toss all their junk out.

As I went back to fine tune my cut with my sissy weed eater..low and behold I found my missing bolt. The little turd was laying there in the grass taking a vacation without my permission. I am a VERY attuned weed eater...not too sure what that says about my anal side, but I can live with it if my subdivision looks good at the entrance and I can say to myself every time I drive in "Dang, Kelly...you do good work."

I will go down the street tomorrow to a house that is owned by the bank (so their sign says) and sitting with no one taking care of it. I will lift their water cover and sneak it up to the front of the subdivision.

Came home to do some vacuum cleaner repair. It's tough on a vacuum when you have three dogs that think they own the castle, couch and bed. Charlie the bulldog was the only one interested in my handiwork. He acts like a bad ass...but unfortunately he is only a dumb ass. Big bark, no bite and if he wore pants I think he would have wet them.

Enjoy my Charlie's video...he made me laugh at the end of a very long day. Dogs are truly "WO" Man's best friend.

Always remember..."Life is a constantly an instant." Enjoy the moment... never expect the next one but be grateful when you are blessed with it.

Til next time (hopefully) A pretty satisfied and really tired COTTON






No comments: