Thursday, September 23, 2010

Big Weekend Coming Up

It is homecoming week at Massey's school. I had to miss the parade today because of work but my sis attended for me.

I have to miss cooking funnel cakes at the game Friday night because of work too...but work is a good word around our house and even Massey understands.

I go to work at 10:30 to work lunch and have to be back at 5:00. I am taking Massey dinner at the school between shifts and giving her a kiss for luck before heading back to work and will pick her up after the game.

I am working all weekend but on Sunday will go to another memorial service for my cousin. He was in the film industry and all his friends are having a BBQ/memorial that I wouldn't miss for anything. I have to work the brunch shift and will leave from work to go to the BBQ and then head back for a dinner shift.

It took me almost a month to figure out how to burn a DVD of his memorial service (one of the most uplifting I have ever attended) and have so far successfully burned eight discs.

I am so glad his kids and family...including friends can have a copy of his wonderful send off that will be a LOT like my own. Full of laughter, tears from the joy of memories and the feeling that you feel light when you leave,  not drowning in sorrow but happy to have known that person.

This month marks the one year anniversary of our "Big Slide" and I can say with all honesty that I finally feel like we will make it. We will be okay. Thanks to prayers ... not only charity but the genuine caring and compassion from so many people I truly feel that we can make it. It will be a long road, but at least I can SEE a road now.

My last load of laundry is drying and my pups are by my feet.

A former co worker of mine is at Egleston with their 18 month old daughter recovering from brain surgery to remove a tumor. Talk about a devastating blow.

My life pales in comparison to having a toddler recovering from brain surgery. Many prayers are going up for this little girl...feel free to add to them. Her name is Sunny Norman, God already knows who she is because he has already worked miracles in her favor. Pray for her parents who are exhausted but grateful and stressed beyond belief.

Going to bed once again counting my blessings. "Count your blessings, name them one by one and you will see what the Lord has done."

I think I need a calculator.
Til next time...COTTON

No comments: