Friday, September 10, 2010

Another Day..."That's a Good Thing"

Click on the photo... So it would only be ONE more dog...I would KILL to have her legs (and her pool.)

Went into work at 11:30 AM and got off after 9:00 PM. Spent at least two hours trying to get in touch with Zach. He is supposed to work tomorrow at 8:30 AM for the owner of my restaurant doing some heavy duty cleaning. Of course to my boy...any cleaning will be "Heavy Duty."

You supply your teens with cell phones so you can stay in constant contact. Unfortunately that "Constant" part is up to them.

"My phone died." "I turned the ringer off by mistake." "I don't know what's wrong with my phone."

I bet if he got arrested or needed money his phone would work just fine. I never want that to happen but wish I was as strong as my parents, who would say "Hello...I can't hear you, the line is breaking up...Hello?"

Fortunately for me he ambled in well before midnight and said he was headed to bed . Of course it's me that worked a double shift today that has to get up and have him at work by 8:30. After all he IS 18 and if you think I am turning him loose in MY car (read the post about his driving quiz) you're dumber than my bull dog, who is close to making Gomer Pyle look like a rocket scientist.

When you have teens you have to take the good with the bad...give them credit (even small credit) When they surprise you with being somewhat responsible.

Massey is generally smarter than my boys...always calling me "Mommy" and telling me when my butch haircut looks good on a particular day (usually on a day that she wants something.)

But I AM female, and that "pumpin' up" works for this beaten down fifty year old woman.

One day my two sons will be married and realize how much influence the words of any female can carry...especially when directed at them.

I was just happy to be able to lock the doors shortly after midnight and know that all my chicks were safely in the nest.

I think I need to start a blog totally about my kids because they sometimes seem destined to be the cause of my unanticipated early demise.

I will continue to love them and be really nice to them because they mean so much to me ... more pointedly "What if I live to be 100?" They will be in charge of picking out my nursing home .

I want a nursing home that only has one floor...makes for an easier escape.

I don't want a stinkin' walker with tennis balls attached to the front legs...I want a "Rascal!"

No wait a minute...maybe it's a "Hoveround" I want. And I want me one of those built in tubs that I just walk into. Tim will have to get his own. By that point , if we live that long..."He's own his own anyway, grateful we are on separate wings of the home." At least Massey called me "Mommy."

She'll probably even give me a "Jitterbug" for Mother's Day...I hope that she doesn't call block me.

I hope that the kids give Tim a "Life Alert" for Father's Day so I can beep him over to my hall to help me get on "Johnny" to give the home that well trimmed look I want to stare at out my first floor window.

All written in jest...but as I have already reached the half century mark and my teens have made me feel like it is the centennial mark...you have to look ahead...even if it's a short peek into what your life may eventually turn into...I want to have my say while I can I still can.

I've already instructed Massey "If I get real bad off...don't remove the pillow til my little legs quit kicking."

I truly think my last coherent words will be "Massey...CLEAN YOUR ROOM."

No comments: