Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Wallowing in My Own Technology Stupidity

So I thought I was pretty good at this whole new technology scene.

That would be a big fat "You so Stupid Girl."

I have tried for a week to make a DVD of my cousin's memorial service. I went to Best Buy and bought a stack of 20 DVD-R discs. Came home thinking how cool it would be to make copies of the great uplifting send off my cousin had, instead I have been wallowing around like my bull dog Charlie in this video clip...making a lot of noise but producing nothin' worthwhile.

I downloaded a free software program from image burn and FINALLY got it burned onto a disc but couldn't open it on my computer. Zach assures me it is on there and I can see where a third of the disc has SOMETHING burned into it.

I got an email tonight from a dear friend of my cousin's that blew the roof off of Shad's service. Funny, emotional and so on the mark that I went up to him after the service and told him we needed to get aquainted because HE was going to speak at my own memorial (which will be called "Kelly's Final Roast with a Toast.") My brother, who is the funniest person I know and love will be the 'emcee' and will only have one minister speaking (of my choosing) with absolutely NO one singing...but maybe a few of my favorite songs being played. Hope no one objects to "Creep" by Radiohead...we'll bleep the "F" word , "American Pie" by Don McLean or "You Can't Always Get What You Want" by the Stones.

I think that I finally successfully burned the service and am just too much of a DOOFUS to know what to do with it.

I emailed a friend of Shad's tonight telling her I would mail her all of my attempts and see what she can do with them.

When I saw Charlie rolling on the floor growling like someone was torturing him, I thought "That's how I feel trying to burn this DVD. " Am I stupid or just old?"

Til next time "Granny Cotton."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Never mind what THEY think, dear.
They're mortal and prejudice.
Who can see inside
your soul but Jesus?

So dont worry bout THEM.
Worry about pleasing Jeeee-sis.
...or if you dont yet believe,
find a rock-stolid-Christian choich
and become a Wholly Participant.
You can always hash-it-out
with Jesus Upstairs, dear.

trustNjesus, lil one.
ALWAYS.
God bless your indelible souls.
cya Upstairs someday...