Friday, August 27, 2010

Usher Said It Best "OMG"

So I may be dragging some of you into the world of my teen age girl with this title. Usher, who for some bizarre reason reminds me of a black Leon (my restaurant's owner's son) has this song out..."OMG."

My husband hates this type of music (he can be such an ole fart) but it has been pounded into my head like "Pow Pow Pow" and although I don't have "Boobies like Wow oh Wow" I like the song and love me some Usher.

I did just what I do best today...crammed all of yesterday into the first three hours of today. I left a little hanging but will scoop that up tomorrow and throw it into the mix to catch myself up to speed.

Took Zach to school today, made sure he walked through the doors and scratched off to the Dept. of Human Resources... a place I hate to go but that has saved my skinny butt and helped me out tremedously. Then I headed to the bank. When I checked online this morning before I left the house I had 48 cents in my account. I was impressed once again with my slick banking skills. I was 49 cents away from a $36.00 overdraft fee and it seemed like an omen to me. "Today is going to be my lucky day."

Tim was hanging his head at the kitchen table before I left for work saying that we were $300 short for the bills he had to write this week. I told him I had 48 cents in my checking account and he was welcome to every penny of it. (God bless him for loving a smart ass.)

Scratched off again...five minutes til I clocked in at work. Made it, had a good lunch and once again scratched out of the parking lot to go back to the DHR to finish paper work and get my review in under the wire.

Never before in my fifty years have I even KNOWN where a DHR office is or what it was even for. Now I am on a name to name basis with them and grateful to God to be so.

Moving on to my kid's insurance...had to fax copies of our pay stubs because their PeachCare was up for review. Today was the last day but "Pow Pow Pow" I had it all ready to fax.

I was feeling so puffed up with pride about getting it all done that my chest probably looked like "Wow oh Wow."

Zoomed back to work...It started with a party of sixteen that turned out to be ten, but it was an extra twenty in my pocket.

We had a wedding rehearsal party of 60 that took up most of the dining room at 8:00. I wasn't on that but took all the extra tables that spilled over.

A wonderful friend of mine (from LHORN) I haven't seen in years got seated at my table with her Dad. I feel a bond with her because she lost her Mother around the same age I was when I lost mine and went own to put herself through Ga. Tech and landed a great job with GT. She travels the world and does all the amazing things I knew she was destined for. We hugged and it was great to see her again.

The first words out of her mouth were "I am a religious reader of your blog." Number one, that means she gets a free dessert or appetizer! They chose dessert and after she left I was BLOWN away by her tip. This precious girl helped me cover the bills we had written checks for and since I am working the rest of the weekend, will put us ahead for the first time in a while.


I felt like telling that 48 cents in my bank account "Take THAT to the bank, Bi- otch."

We still have a LONG way to go. We still have a lot of ground to make up...but with the love that pours out to us from friends, family and even strangers...my life seems to be more "Pow Pow Pow" than "Why Why Why?"

Yes I crammed it in. I waited til the last minute...but now I know why.

God let me have a day of rest and then he blessed me beyond belief.

Am I lucky? Heck yeah...Am I blessed? Beyond my wildest dreams.

I got off around 11:30 and headed straight to the high school to pick Massey up from the ball game.

She was grumpy, tired and in a bad mood. I wanted to shake her shoulders and tell her how blessed we were. Then I stopped myself and thought...she's just a kid.

It's not her fault...although it's not our fault either. I just want my kids to be happy but have learned that even money can't make a teen age girl happy. A teen age boy is even a harder case for the "Happiness Effect."

What matters most is that "I" know how lucky we are and how much we are blessed.

It was a crazy stinkin' day... but I managed to cram it all in. I will wake up tomorrow and cram it all in again.

When you are a parent it is incredible what you can manage to do. When your kid's and friends that love THEM are involved, it is incredible what can happen .

I'll be on my knees tonight (again) and back up with the morning sun.

I've been beaten down but I have also been raised up. I have felt like there was no answer at times, to find that someone else has given me the gift of not only breathing room but the gift of fresh air.

My tears are genuine...my soul is bursting...my life is full. My thanks are endless and I seem to have a lifetime of paying it forward in front of me...What a wonderful thing to have sitting in front of you.

1 comment:

Walter said...

Sometimes we exist just so others can say, "I've been through that myself", or, " I thought I was the only one struggling with money"..you make it real and you make us feel NOT ALONE.

With your BLOG you pay it forward everyday.
God Bless you all, and all of us.

Thanks for all your writing effort. We love Ya!