Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Feliz Cinco de Mayo, Mi Amigos

Do theses guys know how to party, or WHAT?

I was pushing the Italian Margaritas at work. Unfortunately La Parilla
is right across the parking lot from our restaurant and they were jamming like they had all just got green cards.

I still did okay, that's what is so nice about my place...quality over quantity every time. Easy night...only four tables and made $70.oo.

I had a $6.99 coupon for Great Clips and got my hair cut today before work. When my hair starts to grow out, my gray hair starts to grow out. If I keep it short it is barely noticeable...plus it doesn't look so much like a gray mullet.

After work tonight it wasn't even 10:00 so I went and bought gas at Kroger with my "Plus" card and ran in for dog food.

I stood behind the few people waiting for the self check out lane when I noticed one of them was open. I dragged my bag of hound grub over to the empty lane when a woman behind me said "Sir, that one isn't working."

I turned around to look and her face turned red and she quickly apologized and corrected herself "I meant Ma'am."
For Pete's sake I know my hair is short but how many "Men" do you know that wear hip hugger black pants and weigh ninety pounds? I mean we aren't in Miami...or even Little Five Points.

There used to be a VERY short woman who worked at the gas station I used to stop at on the way home from Longhorn. Every time I was next in line she would say "Can I help you, sir?" I mean I went there at LEAST three times a week, every one else that worked there knew I was a woman but this one vertically challenged chick always called me "Sir" and NEVER corrected herself. Number one...I have boobs, granted they are small but the only men I have ever seen with boobs weigh over 300 pounds and usually have on a wife beater that exposes their hairy shoulders as well.

It used to drive me crazy and I would often gripe about it to Tim when I would get home from work. I told him she didn't know who she was messing with, I had all kind of zingers ready for her but was trying to be nice about it... Like "Oh. I'm sorry, I didn't see you down there." or "It's a hot one out there today, bet you're glad heat rises."

She worked there for over two years and called me "Sir" every time I went in to pay. I finally started using my debit card at the pump just to save face.

Then one day something happened with my card and I hear her squeaky voice over the outdoor intercom "Sir, you'll have to come inside for a receipt."

Oh, she had been WAITING for THAT one!

I was griping to Tim about the woman at Kroger tonight when I came in from work and he was making his lunch to go into work. He's not a big fan of my hair cut either but at least realizes it's MY hair and if I like it than 'so be it'.

I fed the dogs , started the dishwasher and sat down at the computer to release some anger! He fixed a cup of coffee to take with him to work and came to give me a kiss good bye.

I told him to have a good night at work and he quipped "You have a good night too, Sir."

He's been married to me too long...I'm rubbing off.

Til next time "Mr. Cotton"

PS click on the picture to see it larger...it's a HOOT!...or should I say "El HOOTO?"

No comments: