Monday, March 29, 2010

Worried...But in a Good Way

I am beginning to wonder if I am really a slow learner after all. I think I had best concentrate on being a fast cheater.







I want to be ready to go on the floor at work and start making money but am still apprehensive about the menu. I have starting thinking up ways I can cheat off the customer's menu...you know, kind of guide them through it pointing out things as I glance at the description and use the menu as a cheat sheet.





Then there's always the customers asking "What do you recommend?" My recommendations will be the three dishes I have memorized verbatim.
Three pasta dishes, three chicken dishes and three seafood entrees.





Besides the ones I have memorized I know my kids favorites at the restaurant and mine as well. Okay, so I know six dishes really well and three more I have committed to memory. I am pretty comfortable with about ten other dishes which only leaves me thirty more to memorize and feel comfortable with describing.



Then comes the part where I have to actually ring them into the computer correctly.

I have lost faith in myself as a server but have to regain faith in myself as a person.

I can DO this...I am at the point of "I think I can, I know I can."

Wish me luck as I take this plunge.

You can't fear what you haven't tried.

I will wake up tomorrow and forge ahead. Losing faith in yourself is just a stumbling block not an excuse.

What I lack in knowledge is not what I lack in persistence.

I am WOMAN, hear me roar..or at least meow, for now.

Wish me luck and thank you ALL for the overwhelming support.

Til next time a CAUTIOUS Cotton

No comments: