Thursday, February 4, 2010

I May Be Handy...But Can I Build an Ark?

HELP ME! I'm drowning! The stinkin' rain is back and brought it's foul friend "Cold" with it. I live in the south for one reason (maybe more than one) and that is because the weather is mild to warm most of the time. NOT SO this winter.

My back yard hasn't been entirely dry since Thanksgiving and given my emotionally drenched status...It ain't helping ! Three big dogs plus depression plus over working plus too many rainy days to count = CRAP.

My husband keeps saying "We need the rain, don't complain."

Well complain I will. I feel like the ape in this picture...holding a tiny piece of wood over my head while the rain just never stops. Oh, the sun will peek out and tease us for a day...then the rain comes back like "Gotcha!"

I am not a rainy day person. I am a 90 degree sunny day girl who LOVES sweating out in the yard with a weed eater .

That ground hog in Pennsylvania on Tuesday didn't help. He should had stood where he couldn't see his shadow or just have been paid off to lie. It seems to work for politicians, how hard can it be for a varmint?

At least I got my doors fixed to keep this weather I hate out of the house, but I am beginning to wonder if this rain will EVER go away?

If I was rich and could sleep in on my king size bed with non stop Discovery channel and some poor stoop to walk my dogs with an umbrella over their heads three times a day I might be happier about the apparent monsoon we are having.

Another bad thing about it is that my garage door opener is broken so every time I come home from work I have to get out of my car and open the garage door by hand..."AARGG" How did people survive without garage openers? They must have felt as helpless as I do when I wheel into the drive and brave myself to not only get OUT of the car to open the door but have to get out again and shut it. DAMN broken technology !! I would almost rather my TV remote stopped working (uh..maybe NOT.)

All in semi jest...I know we need the rain and I can deal with it....I just like to bitch about it because it makes ME feel better!

It COULD be four feet of snow or an earthquake or tsunami. I'm just a weather wimp and like to gripe when it's on my own dime!

That last paragraph has me thinking though. I am a lucky gal, and need to step back and look at the world wide picture.

Okay! We're having some rain..it will end one day...WON'T IT ?

Til next time Soakin' wet COTTON



PS click on the pic of the ape, he's pretty cute!

1 comment:

Joannah said...

Next year I am packin the boys up with their shiny new bb guns and headed over the PA state line. First one to shoot that damn groundhog gets a free Happy Meal.

* Not to be sexist, Sophie has a BB gun too, but she tends to be a better shot so Ill have to figure out a handicap as not to humiliate her brothers.

I cant stand the rain OR the sub zero without snow weather. If its gonna be this cold, How about some snow for the kids to GO OUTSIDE and PLAY IN?

I feel your pain Cotton! AAAARGH