Friday, February 12, 2010

Can I Pick a Day Off or WHAT ?

The first picture shows Massey in the snow the last time it snowed THIS much. Obviously it has been a while ! The next pic is of my front yard the first hour the snow began to fall. It is 5 hours later and the snow is still falling silently... blanketing our small part of the world with it's beautiful crisp clean gift wrapping.



When you live in the deep South snow is like an unexpected surprise...something you think only happens north of the Mason Dixon line.



It has soothed my nerves, made my world quiet for a few hours and almost been a calming for my soul.



After over 30 days I finally have a day off. Can I pick a day off or WHAT?


It's also my husband's birthday. Massey baked him a cake and made him a card. We let him sleep all day since he worked all night.



Around 3:00 I made BLT's for me , Massey and Zach. TJ was at work . They were probably the best sandwiches this 90lb. frame ever tasted. I saved some bacon in case Tim woke up and wanted one.



Granted the wafting smell of bacon woke him up and Massey trotted up the steps with a sandwich for her Dad. A few minutes later when she went to retrieve his plate she said "Daddy wants another sandwich."



I didn't know he was in the upstairs hall and said "Just leave him alone, he'll fall back to sleep in a few minutes."



Ain't I a sweet wife?



After hearing him say "HEY!!!"..I scrambled to the kitchen to make the birthday boy another sandwich.



My three dogs are down to ten paws. Rosie has been limping for a couple of weeks with her back foot. Ham did something to his front paw a couple of days ago and one of his toes (do dogs call them toes?) is swollen like a balloon. Zach mentioned that I should make them go out into the snow...the cold snow would help the swelling. Dang, he's smart!



I thought about sending Zach out with the dogs to see if the swelling in his 17 year old 'know it all' head would go down.



The dogs were quite taken with the snow just as I was. Charlie the white bulldog seemed to blend into the landscape of snow and the boxers just bounced around like "What the HEY!"



You just don't know how much I needed this day off...snow or no snow.



The snow made it so much nicer though. It was like God saying "Cotton...relax and enjoy, this gift of quiet beauty is just for you... to enjoy in your home with your family and not have to be anywhere or go anywhere."



Thank you God...I really needed this!!



Rice Krispie treats are made. Tim's birthday cake is made. Dinner is ready...his pick of chicken breasts and baked potatoes are ready.



The snow is still falling, like God is extending my present.



Life is good when you are at home with loved ones and don't have to rush off to work, school to pick up kids or guard practice with the daughter.

My husband wanted to go into work tonight but I begged him not to. If he got in an accident or got hit by an uninsured motorist we would be back to square one. I don't think his boss was happy but we can't take another hit right now (no pun intended.)

It is only sleeting now...which is worse for driving.

I am taking my tired ole self to bed early. God gave me a snow day, he knew I needed it.

Tomorrow brings work back with a frenzy...two double shifts back to back.

I am WOMAN, hear me ROAR...

At least I had today...and BOY did I need it!

Happy Birthday Tim...and I am glad you aren't on the road...with our recent luck you would get hit by a run a way car thief. You can ALWAYS pick up extra shifts...at least I hope you can.

If not...blame it on me.

Going to do laundry and headed to bed after a wonderful day off with my kids and doggies.

Til next time...a MUCH relieved COTTON














1 comment:

Walter said...

Good thing Tim stayed home. One of my wife's best friend's son was killed on 74 when his car flipped over during the storm.
And when I was coming home that night as I got to I-75 on I285, it seemed the road turned to ice all at once. I went across 4 lanes (no traffic) before an Angel or something straightened me out. By the time I got to South Fulton Parkway. I had done that twice more, and was down to 20-25 MPH.
Lots of crashed vehicles on the side of the highway even on Saturday night. It was bad out there.
Sorry you are having such a tough time at work. They apparently do know what a good employee they have in you, as anyone else would have not survived all those letters and complaints. It is a mystery to me how people can work and thrive in a job under that kind of pressure. I wouldn't last the first week.
Thanks for sharing your BLOG....you are always in my prayers, as I hope we are in yours.