Thursday, February 18, 2010

Breath of Fresh Air...or As Close as I Get

Guess what peeps? I am actually taking Friday off !



I decided today, that when even your big toes hurt it is time to step back (gingerly) and give them a 24 hour reprieve.



Came home from that wonderful place I now call "Work Hell" and watched some Olympics. I am digging those coats the snow boarders wear...hope I can find one for Zach. Of course he said he wanted one without the USA patch on the arm...maybe I can get him a "Nazi in a former life" patch to sew on his!

He finally watched some of the Olympics with me when I threw in that comment I wrote on my blog about "It's not like I asked him to give me a bikini wax."

He said that was WAY over the boundaries of mother/ son discussions and watched the women's half pipe with me as he picked all of them apart . Granted he's never even been on a snow board or skis or even a slope covered with snow..but he is quite the critic. What ticked me off the most is that he was right...seconds after he commented on a mistake the commentator said the same exact thing! "Show off, none living up to his potential smart mouth teen!" I guess that covers most teens...but MY son is the "King" of 'showing off and not living up to his potential with a smart mouth.'

At least he is excelling in one area!

So after I MADE him watch the Olympics with me he finally logged off his game on the computer...some kind of 'thinky' game that he gets so into I wonder if he's planning the demise of our nation via the web?

So I log onto Facebook...Here we go!

There were four lonely cows wandering the web looking for a home. The Mafia wars seemed to be building to a climax I have never understood anyway and I have been sent hearts, hugs, pillows and candies that I still haven't figured out how to touch feel or eat.

At least the Texas "Hold'em" requests have petered away...guess they lost all their money and are all in some sort of cyber re hab.

I guess if I learned about all these apps I may enjoy them...but thinking about it again, I'd have to give it a big fat "NO."

I have enough bad habits and vices to let "Cyber Apps" into my already desperate life.

When they come up with a "Make my feet stop hurting" app or a "Find my husband a really good job" app...I will be the first one on board.

Til then... I'll be honest. I don't even know HOW to accept these gifts and requests. When I click on them the first thing that pops up is a window saying I am allowing my personal info and profile to be open to access.

In the world I am currently living in...this just sounds like Chase or Capitol One trying to contact me since I have stopped picking up the phone when they call.

OH YEAH...I"ll click on the app and they will have my checking account number and just draft their money out of my already squeaking balance!

Use your bail out money and I'll catch up with you as soon as I can! I do mail them payments...granted they are late but at least I am making the effort.

SCAMS!!

I may be broke but I ain't STUPID!

I use FB for talking to friends and throwing my blog out to the masses. Til I get back on the financial track...I ain't giving nobody a stinkin' cow or a hug!

All you Farmviller's have fun...all you Mafia geeks keep on shooting...sorry if you feel dissed by me but I am too paranoid to join in the fun for now.

The dryer is beeping telling me the clothes are dry...I'm surprised there's not an app for that!

A whole day off tomorrow...a whole day to rest my throbbing feet and ease my constantly throbbing mind.

Where's the app for THAT??

Til next time, hugs, kisses and pillows being thrown right back at ya!

COTTON

No comments: