Monday, January 25, 2010

Parent Paranoia Will Destroy Ya...

Massey's friend is coming tonight to join our crazy family for a week while her parents go to Michigan to find a house for their transfer of employment for the dad.

Thank goodness they have no clue about my blog or they would have the plane turned around on the tarmac.

I got home from work just in time to take Massey to guard practice. It was all worked out...I would let Tim sleep til time to go pick Massey up @ nine and they would swing by and pick up her friend, and bring her home to stay with us for a week.

I went to the store after taking Massey to practice and bought some junk food, nutritious food and some water bottles that were on sale.

I came back home and began to tackle Massey's room that ALWAYS looks like Katrina has just roared through .

It took two hours just to go through her dresser and sort the clothes...putting the summer clothes she had sworn she had put in the garage actually IN the garage... and throwing away so much "crap" off the floor I knew she would never miss.

In the last drawer of her dresser I found a VCR tape labeled "Paradise in Paris." My heart fell to my feet. It wasn't in a box and I couldn't see a rating on the tape. It was buried beneath what was her underwear drawer ... visions of when TJ turned sixteen and I found his printed off(color) copy of Pamela Lee Anderson totally nude that had used half of my color ink cartridge from my printer came to mind...that was the day the computer was moved into the dining room.

I asked my husband if he had seen the "PARIS" tape before and he said no. I couldn't read the side of the VCR tape because it was old and so are my eyes.

I took it downstairs with a heart so heavy ... wondering which friends were fixing to be banned not only from her phone but from her Facebook.

I got into my kitchen... with that horrible florescent lighting and put on my granny glasses.

The side of the tape read "Mary Kate and Ashley Go to Paris."

It was one of her old Olsen twins movies that she was so hooked on in elementary school.

She wasn't going to the kinky side...she is just extremely lazy on cleaning out her dresser.

I didn't even tell her what had happened...I make myself look stupid enough on my own without admitting to mistakes she doesn't know about!

I was truly relieved... and my husband is still laughing at me.

HEY!! With teens you have to be on top of them before they snow you under.

Luckily my girl gets away this time with just being a slob...a mess and a terrible cleaner.

On top of that...her friend had a lot of homework tonight and won't be coming to our house til tomorrow after school... by THAT time Massey's room will be a wreck again...minus one "Paradise in Paris" video.

God bless Massey...her mom is a KOOK!

1 comment:

Frances said...

Guess you got fooled that time and shame on you for doubting Massey. I agree it pays to keep watch even if you trust them.
Check your email. I sent you one last week and need an answer to it.
Frances