Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Yeah, I'm Dopey

So last night I was cooking dinner when I heard the song.."Jingle bell Rock." If they play it twice in a row and you are the 98th caller you win $5000.00. I told Massey to cut the stove off and handed Zach the house phone. Massey had her cell phone and I had mine...she also had her dad's cell phone and we all started dialing.



We were in the middle of a thunderstorm and the cells weren't picking up a signal. I went out of the garage and screamed for someone to bring me an umbrella....I can walk around the yard and street until I find a signal.

It was raining like crazy but that is my calling..."CRAZY."

I stood in the rain for over ten minutes waiting for the DJ to answer the phone and tell me I had won.

I told my daughter after that ole geezer won the money that it is God's plan for us to win the $10,000 they would be giving away NEXT week.

When I told the story at work today my manager said he could just imagine me out in the pouring rain with an umbrella and a cell phone crooked on my shoulder.

I don't HAVE to imagine..I was THERE.

I went to the school tonight to pick Massey up from practice and told her to jump in the car quick...they were playing "Rockin around the Christmas Tree" when she reminded me that I had the wrong song. I told her "Rockin..Jingle..." it's all the same to me.

I have to keep a clear head...NOT "Rockin" but "Jingle."

This is my best shot at us having a Christmas and I am glued to the station. I am sick of Christmas music but at least I have the songs right now in my head.

NOT "Rockin" but "Jingle Bell"

You mark my words...no one will give it a better try than me!

BRING IT ON...

Okay, what was it, Jingle bell Rock or Rockin around the Christmas tree ?

NOW I REMEMBER!!

DANG, I AM getting old...

Til next time, Confused Cotton

1 comment:

Joannah said...

Call me when you win, I have no doubt you will. You've done it before!