Friday, December 4, 2009

So Excited...




Tomorrow my girl is marching in the Christmas parade in downtown Atlanta and I am so excited. I am more excited about the forecast for sleet and snow (NOT.)




She has been at school all day and after she stayed to help paint the tarp for their winter guard program (here we go again.) I took her some dinner to the school around five and was so relieved that she wanted to go home and spend the night with "Tiffi" another guard girl. That means HER parents will take Massey to the school at 8 and I can wait to leave for the parade which starts at 10.

Granted that only gives me an extra thirty minutes in bed.. but I 'll Take it!


When I went to the school tonight to take her dinner I mentioned the forecast and asked if she minded if I stayed home and watched it on TV. Her face said it all. I have my cam corder charging and have gas in my car to go and brave the elements. If she can march down Peachtree Street in that slinky outfit I can surely be there in my winter coat hat and gloves filming her as the prettiest girl in the East Coweta Band marches by.

My husband just left for work and I said that Massey really wanted me there tomorrow. He said "Why don't you take Marta?" Yeah he can be a smart ass.

No dis on Marta, I just don't travel it enough to even know where to get off or when to scream for help. (see previous post.)

I talked to Tim and he told me exactly where to get off the interstate and I can park in a garage see the parade, film Massey and hopefully be safely back home by 2:00.


The last time I went to see the parade was when Massey was six years old , I took her and my next door husband's daughter.

Here we are eight years later and my girl is MARCHING IN THE PARADE.
It has been a tough year, but for my girl it has been a good year and to me that is all that matters. Look for me on the sidelines as the parade goes by. I will be the one holding a sign saying "Will work for Warmth."
Love my girl, love my entire family and I am really blessed..I really mean that. I am lucky...just going through a rough spot and tired of thinking of that. I am focusing now on how truly lucky I am and how many people love me. My new mantra is "Pay It Forward."
Merry Christmas to all of my friends and fanily...without you I wouldn't even be here to post.



OMG..click on these pictures!




No comments: