Friday, December 11, 2009

BAH HUM BUG

What a day! It's almost eleven PM and I just got home from work . I went in at 10:30 to work lunch, got off at 4:00...went to the bank and grocery store and headed back for the dinner shift. It started out well enough, we were busy and I am always grateful for that. I got several really good tips and a couple of crappy ones but all seemed to be averaging out in my favor.

My last table was a party of seven. If it had been a party of eight I could have added 18% gratuity. I pushed all the specials and they ordered really well so I had high hopes for my last table making my night. They ran me like crazy (I don't mind that) and even ordered dessert. They had cocktails and stayed a little longer than I wanted them to... my feet were killing me and being my eighth shift this week I was ready to go. The tab was $170.00 and I felt pretty good about it. I packed all their left overs up for them and bagged it . Took the tab and said a prayer.

They left me a $12.oo tip. I guess that last prayer didn't make it upstairs in time. I understand that waiting tables is a crap shoot but I didn't expect to crap out like that! They probably had an extra person out in the car and told her "Baby girl, you can't come inside with us or they'll add a giant tip to the bill. Just keep the heater on in the car and listen to Christmas carols on the radio ... we will pack up all our left overs and you can eat on the way home."

For Pete's sake...it's Christmas time for me TOO ! At the very least give me a ten percent tip. To be honest I was just glad they left and I got to go home. I was hoping for a $30.00 tip and instead had to be grateful for the lousy almost 8% they left me. I memorized all their faces and will know next time they walk in to pay off the hostess not to seat them in my section.

I am home now, warm and surrounded by my pep squad (my pups.)

Have to be back at work by 9:00 in the morning for a meeting and then I have my glorious one day off (ya gotta LOVE a day off.)

Baby it's COLD outside and reminds me of how glad I am I live in the deep south. I'd never make it up north.

Do you know how cold it would have been for "Baby Girl" in that car if they lived in Michigan?

Til next time...COTTON

No comments: