Thursday, November 19, 2009

When Does It Quit?

So my husband got a job. It doesn't pay too much but it is 100% more than he was making. My oldest son's car has broken down and we are shuffling vehicles around to get every one where they need to be.

My next door husband came over this morning bright and early to fix my son's car. After towing it home at night with the lights on the battery went dead so they hooked it up to a battery charger out in the driveway. My son unplugged the cord that had a big red tag on it that read "DO NOT UNPLUG THIS CORD" and my house phone went out.

Granted it was nice not to hear from Citi group or Chase for a few hours, but no one else could get through either.

I got my oldest son to take me into work over an hour early so he could pick Massey up from school (God forbid she ride that bus) and I told him to pick me up at eight.

At 8:45 I called the house to see where MY car was and by 9:15 I was finally picked up where I stood in the parking lot.

Ya gotta take the good with the bad... a lesson I have learned over the last 8 months. Just don't leave me standing out in 46 degrees when 60 seems chilly to me.

It may sound trivial to anyone else..but I have corns on both of my pinkie toes from working so much that if someone squeezed them I would give them the number to the Red phone in the Oval office without having to ask twice.

My Carpal Tunnel is so bad that I feel like I am on the edge of a stroke every time I pick up a dish of food at work.

I have a 23 year old son who is obviously a contestant on a game show on MTV or VH1 "How Long Does It Take To Drive Mama Mad?" have two other kids that seem to be cheering him on and on top of that I still have my bad knee from that fateful night at the skating rink when my kids begged me to enter the 'speed skate for Mothers' (what in the heck was I thinking? But I did come in second)

With a family you take the good right along with the bad. The "good" is that you have kids. The "bad" is that they know you are their Mom.

Mothers should be awarded a medal for every six months they make it without committing themselves to a re hab for child rearing.

Let's add in my back that goes out at least once a year (it's getting due) and the fact that I am so frightened that now our life has taken an upswing the next bomb is ready to drop.

I have never been a pessimist. I have been challenged over the past eight months like I have never been challenged before.

At least now my husband is working again and I can stand up and say "Go ask Your Father."

He has been so worried that I have been fielding all questions and requests.

WELCOME BACK TO MY WORLD DADDY.

No comments: