Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Still coming Here to Feel at Home :(


First off, I am proud of myself for using my first punctuation marks to create a little face! My daughter does it all the time (usually when asking for something from me) but it seems to be the trend and who am I, not to try to stay up to date in this age of advanced technology ;) ??


Did ya see that? I winked at y'all!


I really hate to have to come back here to make a post, but I feel comfortable here and know how to navigate the site. I am learning more every day about my web site though and hope to be there full time soon.


I guess if you follow me on FB you know I had a breakdown of sorts yesterday. I think it was a combination of the gloomy weather and the pity party I threw for myself (sometimes you just need one when things build up.)


I stayed in bed all day today, watching CNN and just resting. I have been working too much and worrying even more. I have finally discovered that worrying does nothing but add wrinkles to my face and gray hair to my head and I don't need anymore of either .


I had a long talk with my husband last night and a longer talk with my sister (I don't know what I would do without her.)


This is hands down the worst time I have gone through since my Mother's unexpected death in front of me in a store at the ripe age of 17. The next worst was watching my Father die in a matter of days ...going from a vivacious 77 year old to an invalid in the matter of a few hours.


I recovered from both of those tragedies with quite a few battle scars in my heart and soul...but I survived.


I can survive this latest onset of misfortune. I just have to keep positive and keep remembering that there are millions of others worse off than me. After scraping myself off of the ground today, regrouping and dragging myself back to work for the eleventh day in a row...I thought about all the victims of Ft. Hood, all the casualties in Iran, Afghanistan and of all the previous wars. I thought about the little baby of a former co worker who was going through Chemo today. I thought about the guy who used to wash dishes for us at Johnny's Pizza who slept on a piece of card board behind the restaurant night after night.
I think about the fact that at least I am living in a house...granted it is a house where the phone rings ten times a day with creditors calling, but at least I still have a phone for them to ring. At least I still have a mailbox for the bills to stack up in and at least I still have a job to help defray and chip away at the debt little by little.
I still have a computer...many people don't even have electricity or a house and would never dream of having a computer but would be ecstatic to have a hut to sleep in.
I am a master of the mouth and a master of partial payments. As long as I have a job and as long as I can look up from my keyboard and see this picture I have posted of my three kids (it is from WAY back) I need to think of myself as a lucky person.
So I had a temporary break down. Maybe I needed that. I took a day off from the world and after some serious contemplation realized that "This is doable."
I have a husband that loves me and our kids, a brother and sister that have not only propped me up but have cheered me on.
It is time for me to take the high road, quit feeling sorry for myself but to feel sorry for the millions and millions that are worse off than us and that have no way to help themselves.
I am a strong, strong woman. This is just a MAJOR bump in the road of life. Heck, at least I am still ON the road. Many people are in the ditch, many people are simply on the streets sleeping on a bench and grazing through dumpsters for a meal. Sometimes you have to make a check...realize that although you are in a rough spot... at least you have a spot to lay your head down in and a place to wake up in .
There are so many people that are worse off than me that it makes me feel foolish to even gripe.
My kitchen cabinets may be bare, but at least I HAVE cabinets. My refrigerator may be bare but at least I HAVE a refrigerator.
I will wake up tomorrow and still have a job.
Do you know how many people wake up each day and pray that they will find a job?
I am blessed...I am a lucky person...I am a loved person.
Thank you to every one that has loved and supported me.
I promise that one day I will PAY IT FORWARD.
PS Be sure to click on the picture to make it bigger...it is my absolute fave of the kids...

No comments: