Saturday, November 21, 2009

Nice and Quiet Here...Very Odd



Massey is still at a friend's house, Tim is upstairs sleeping because he has to work all night. Zach is the only other one here but as long as he has a game controller in his hand you wouldn't even know he was here. TJ is at work and I am doing what I love best...writing.


Went to meet Frances at Longhorn for lunch. Her nephew and his wife are in town and his sister was there as well. I had met Flip before on a visit to Frances when she was in re hab. Today was the first time meeting his wife and his sister. How strange that I have only recently met all these members of my family. A few years back one of my cousins created a family site and the relatives seemed to come out of the word work. Frances was first on board. Her father and my grandfather were brothers. She has lived in Digby most all of her life and yet I never met her until the family website was created. The above photo is from a family reunion at my sister's. That was the first time I met Frances and since getting to know her I have met so many others on her side of the family that I never even knew existed. They are wonderful people...the type you want to hug the first time you meet them and love after two minutes of talking to them.
My immediate family has dwindled so that it is refreshing to meet new relatives and learn all about them. What is amazing to me is that I lived for 49 years without knowing that I had all these wonderful peole who were related to me and never knew about them til now. Frances in herself is quite enough...but to meet all these new relatives is an overwhelming feeling of knowing that I have more family that I thought I did and that they all love me as if they had known me since I was two!
It is weird that even though we grew up not knowing each other we have so many of the same values, beliefs and ideals. I guess the saying is true "The apple doesn't fall far from the tree."
I know we will only grow closer and having more friends is never a bad thing.
They all asked about Tim , how it was going for us and it was like having lunch with people I have known all my life.
Came home from lunch and went to buy some grass seed and wheat straw to try and replace the mud around my back patio where the dogs have created a mud hole big enough to hold mud wrestling in. I got Zach to come outside and unload the bale of straw to toss over the back gate and the minute he got it out of the trunk the string came off and wheat straw went every where. He looked at me and said "I hope you know I didn't mean for that to happen."
We scooped it all onto a moving blanket that my husband had in the garage and carried it through the gate. The minute the dogs came outside the bulldog , Charlie lifted his leg on the pile...only to be followed by Ham, my boxer coming to do the same. IDIOTS!
I got all the grass seed out and covered most of the muck with straw and you would have thought I put down Berber carpet for the dogs. They rolled in it sniffed it and all three laid on it like it was a Persian rug. It doesn't take much to make my three dogs happy. They didn't realize that I was doing it for me and not them.
Tim is working overnight...I thought he was off but am secretly happy that it will be me and the pups in our king size bed (I make all the dogs stay on his side...just don't tell Tim.)
BTW...went to Yankee Candle after I left Longhorn today and bought some new tarts for my burner. They have a fragrance called Mistletoe...you have GOT to buy some. It smells like I have a 20' tall Fraiser Fir in my house . That's all I need is the smell of Christmas ...the rest comes from the heart.
Til next time...COTTON

1 comment:

Frances said...

So good to see you Kelly. Someone asked me that same question the other day. Where have all these people been all these years. Just got around to finding a few more relatives I guess. Isn't it nice.
Frances