Tuesday, November 17, 2009

MY GIRL !!!


My girl!
It has been a long expensive road ...but one that I would take again gladly.I got home from work...fretted about Zach and his court case, found out all was well (except for the$40) and Massey came bouncing through the door from school. She is the happiest child you have ever met...even though she is a teen.
"Tonight is the viewing for the composite for the band picture and we have to go pick out which pose we want!!!"
I felt like just going to bed but since my youngest son wasn't going to the slammer I felt like I needed to go give her some face time.
We went to the school. Both poses seemed identical except for the slight tilt in her head but she was so excited that I took my time and acted like there was an actual decision to be made.
I bought the cheapest package they had. One 5x7 for me to frame and one to give away. I also got the composite picture of the whole group, band included.
She was over the moon.
My kids are really easy to please these days. They know we are struggling and appreciate our every effort.
My "Next Door" husband towed my oldest son's car home and is going to replace his fuel pump tomorrow.
I took the day off tomorrow to get my husband's car tag and get the fuel pump for my son's car so that my "Next Door" husband can put it on and get him back on the road.
It is crazy around here...it always is, but now it all seems to be coming together...to our benefit finally.
Of course I hate it that my next door neighbor has to fix TJ's car but at least he is a willing and wonderful friend.
I owe him so much that I keep waiting for him to build a border wall ten feet high between our house and his.
Zach came out okay with his date with the law, Massey is over the top with me just purchasing two pictures (they had $400.00 packages) I can get my son's car fixed and a car tag for Tim before he starts his new job and feel the sigh of relief that I have been waiting for for over eight months.
You know what? Life is good.
Life is a tough and often trying road but you just can't give up or give in. You keep on...you may feel like giving up, you may feel like you can't go on but it is amazing what a human can do when under extreme pressure.
Have faith my fellow readers... I feel like I am being reborn. I feel like I have weathered the storm and I feel like I can make it. Not only make it, but make something of it!
Some people give up ... throw their hands in the air and say it is impossible.
By the grace of God and by the help of many, many people I really think we are going to be okay.
This blog, this site has been one of my most soul saving things, to have a place to go and have a place where people understand, and want to help and pray for me on a daily basis.
Your kindness will never be forgotten and I promise that I will pay it forward every day of my life.
Last week I felt like I couldn't make it another day. Today I feel like if it wasn't for friends and family...in the words of Massey I would be a "HOT MESS."
My family has saved me, my friends have saved me and my God has saved me.
I will be forever grateful for every act of kindness that I have been shown and truly understand the concept of "What goes around comes around."
Life is a tough, tough road. If you don't stay on the road you get side tracked and sometimes lost. No one said it would be a straight shot and no one said it would be easy.
It has been the hardest eight months of my life and I have gray hairs on my head and even hairs on my lip that I don't want...but at least I am alive to pluck them out and friends to cheer me on.
Thank you FAMILY and friends...what would we have done without you is a path I don't want to even explore.
I love each and every one of you and as our life takes an upturn...know that I will never forget the messages, the emails and the phone calls. I am so blessed that I wonder if maybe God has me mixed up with someone else!

1 comment:

Frances said...

Kelly are you going to be working tomorrow at Long Horn's? If you are I will try to get Flip to come there for lunch. I', still enjoying all your blogs but am trying to get in touch with you. Frances