Friday, October 23, 2009

Thank Goodness For Peach Care...

Massey has been battling illness for a week now but put on her game face this morning and went to school because there was a game tonight that she had to perform in at halftime.

I had to go into work at 10 this morning and worked til almost 10 tonight.

I got a text from her around 1:00 saying that she had to have her Dad check her out. I called my husband and told him to get the Peach Care card we had just received and take her to HER doctor and just sit in the waiting room until they could see her.

They were there for several hours, but got to see the doctor. She has Strep throat and an ear infection. She has always had problems with her ears and had tubes put in when she was younger.

Thank GOODNESS we took her when we did. She was also prescribed an inhaler for her lungs and at least we fought off obviously impending Pneumonia.

She is upstairs snoozing and I know that she feels better already just having some antibiotic pulsing through her bloodstream.

Good news is that it didn't cost us a dime (except for the $7.50 premium a month.)

Bad news is that my husband is now sick in bed with a terrible sore throat and fever (wonder where he got THAT?)

Tomorrow I will send him to the Doc in the Box at CVS to have a Strep test and send him to Publix to have his antibiotic filled for free.

I couldn't catch a break if you tossed it to me gently!

I have all the toothbrushes boiling away on the stove and have pulled all hand towels , dish towels and have started Lysoling everything.

At least tonight was a bonus shift and that will pay for Tim to go get checked out.

Massey has a band competition tomorrow and the color guard coach has already sent me an email asking if she can perform.


HELLO?!?!

I know that Massey is worried about being in trouble for missing a game AND a competition...but what do they want? Everyone to come down with Strep?

She is contagious for twenty four hours after starting her antibiotics...not to mention that she has been sick for a week while I tried my "Mommy Prescription."

I am just going to wait and see how she feels in the AM...see what the weather is going to do, and do what is best for my daughter.

Going to scrub some bathrooms, door knobs and phone receivers...sleep with my head turned away from my husband since I can't sleep on the couch (see previous post) and pray that I don't come down with it as well.

If I hadn't signed my kids up for Peach Care...I would be out at LEAST $200.00.

I guess THAT is the silver lining in this cloud of germs into which we have all been thrown.

I feel terrible that I let it go on for a week. But when you are raising your third child...you tend to try every avenue you can before running to the doctor.

Instead I put it off too long and have made my girl suffer unnecessarily.

I can already tell you that I am leaning towards keeping her home, letting her get some well deserved rest and letting the "Guard" chips fall where they may.

She was a trooper, she tried her best and I feel horrible that I put her through this.

Just wish I hadn't kissed her on the lips this morning when she left for school...UHH OH!

No comments: