Saturday, October 24, 2009

Shoulda Been a Nurse...Heck, Guess I AM One!

All is quiet on my ward tonight. Nurse Cotton has handed out the meds and the vitamin C, cooked a huge pot of spaghetti and is currently washing anything she can find in the house.



Time to take a break.



Last night my husband was acting sick and sounding worse so I called my 23 year old who has graciously moved back in with us at JUST THE RIGHT TIME to see if he was coming home. You never know with a 23 year old. They can stay in their room for a couple of days without you ever seeing them emerge or else they disappear for days at a time with no warning or advance notice (I prefer THOSE days.) It was well after midnight and I really didn't want to sleep next to Tim with his sore throat and fever and thought if TJ wasn't coming home I could crash in his room (formerly MY den.) He said he had just gotten off from work and was headed to the house. I told him that was fine I was just wondering.



Zach had a boy over to spend the night, Massey and her germs were in her bed and Tim and his were in my bed. My brother in law was on the couch in the living room so I finally just got out an old comforter and slept on the dining room floor downstairs.



I woke to three dogs spooning me and snoring away. I guess they thought I had a sleepover for them and decided to chaperone. On top of that, TJ didn't even come home...I could have at least HAD a bed.



My neck is sore but I think it is from sleeping on the floor with three dogs right on top of me. Tim refused to go to the Doc in the Box and "thinks" he feels better. Men are so pig headed.



Massey is feeling a bit better, her cough still sounds like she is smoking three packs a day but her fever is gone and she is getting back her appetite. I told her she could NOT go to the competition tonight...too windy and too cool for her to be out in the weather. I actually think she was relieved. Her doctor said she wanted Massey to stay inside until Monday and NO outside activity. As Massey's nurse I followed the doctor's orders.



I know the compettition was a big deal but her health is a BIGGER deal to me and I just couldn't let her go.



The towels are almost dry in the dryer and I have about three more loads to do so I guess my break is over. Dang...being an unpaid nurse is HARD work.



Zach just left with two boys to go out, Tim is still in bed and Massey is in her bed. My other boy who still hasn't come home is back at work and my brother in law is off somewhere. Just me and my doggies who are all gathered around my feet hoping for another sleepover tonight.



I just took out my cam corder and recorded what surrounds me at this moment...three hounds that love me like nobody's business. There isn't a brain between all three of them but I love them to death and just wanted you to see how tightly they cling to Nurse Cotton.



Guess I must being doing something right.



Glad that Massey is better and glad that I had a day off to clean some germs, cook a good meal and chat with ya'll!



Til next time...Nurse COTTON

1 comment:

JB said...

Your pups are getting some real good sleep, Kelly. I haven't slept like that in ages! Julie