Friday, October 30, 2009

My Funnel Finale...For the Year At Least

Last home game...Yippee!



We won, 45-22. GO INDIANS !! It was a drizzly night and the crowd was small, but the band looked great as usual. Tomorrow they compete in Bands of America at the Georgia Dome. Tickets are $30.00 so it will be attended by me alone. Not looking forward to riding the Marta train home alone tomorrow night @ 10:00 PM. Wish I had enough money for a can of mace.



No greater adventure than riding the rails of Atlanta on Halloween night by myself after 10:00 dressed as a ninety pound weakling. Hopefully all I will get is sand kicked in my face!



I just can't afford to drive to the Dome , pay parking AND buy a $30.00 ticket. Plus the band is eating dinner at the food court at the CNN center...you know that won't be cheap. I will pack me a bologna sandwich in my purse along with a pair of brass knuckles and num chucks.



Massey has been so excited about this event that I just CAN'T not go. At least she hasn't pressed for the whole family to go, but she wants her Mom there and her Mom WANTS to be there. Whether her Mom SURVIVES the trip is another thing altogether.



I didn't start worrying until tonight at the ballgame when I was talking to my new found buddies that grill the burgers and hot dogs ...great group of down to earth "Boys" that have treated me really nice during my stint as the "Funnel Queen." The grill pit is right next to my funnel cake stand and we have bonded over the football season.



They said to park at the College Park Marta station (already getting scary) take the train to Five Points (a little better with MY hair cut) go upstairs and take the West bound train to the CNN center. May have to walk a quarter of a mile and then I will be there. I am not worried about GETTING there at all. I am leaving at ten Saturday morning. What I am worried about is leaving Halloween night from downtown Atlanta by myself...riding Marta back to College Park and trying to get back to my vehicle in one piece. I have averaged in an extra ten minutes in case of being assaulted or robbed. I won't fight back and will gladly give up my bologna sandwich (I'll bring an extra) in exchange for escaping with my... as of late pretty depressing life. Maybe I can floor them with the details of the life I have been living and if they are an accepting bunch... I may ask for donations.



All is said in jest, but all of this is in the back of my mind...



I told my husband that I would call him on my cell the minute I arrived at a Marta stop going home and would talk to him the whole way back to my car. He'd better not pull a Klaus Von Bulow. I ain't no SUNNY and I don't wanna be WHACKED! Besides that who would vacuum the house?



Til Next time , Hopefully... Careful Cotton

P.S. If I do get whacked..at least I was funny one last time, don't ya think?

1 comment:

Frances said...

Let us know if you don't get back. We can form a posse and come looking for you. Have a good night.
Frances