Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Home Again...

Just got home from work, watched my favorite show "Curb your Enthusiasm" with my seventeen year old (he's seen worse at the movies) and sat down to type.

Work was easy tonight, pretty slow...but thanks to a couple of friends from high school who tipped me outrageous and thanks to my son's doctor who did the same, I did pretty well AND got home by 8:30.

My son's doctor and his wife are always nice to have at my table because I can pick his brain for free medical advice. I asked him what he thought of the swine flu vaccine and he said that he was getting one and recommended it for me and my kids as well.

That will be next on my "to do " list.

He said he hadn't seen us in a while and I told him through unfortunate events my husband had lost his job and we had lost our insurance. I told him as embarrassed as I felt I had enrolled my kids in Peach Care and been accepted so that I could take them for check ups and have them taken care of by the doctors that normally treat them. I told him I was greatly relieved to see his name in the providers book and his wife was very nice to say that I was smart to use Peach care for my kids when I needed it.

My daughter's doctor is in the book as well so I am booking appointments for them both tomorrow and plan on having all of us take the flu shot.

I told my son's doctor that I had heard arguments on both side of the fence about the swine flu vaccine and he asked me if I had ever seen kids with Polio or Meningitis ? If there was a vaccine that prevents these illnesses, would I get them for my kids? Well there are and I did.

Guess he answered my question of hesitation on getting the swine flu shot.

He is a very down to earth doctor who shoots it straight. I told him I was bringing my 17 year old in for him to slap around....and he said "bring him."

Zach has been off of his ADD meds since sixth grade and that is when all of my problems with his school work started.

Zach has even said recently that he is willing to go back on them to help him in school...HALLELUJAH.

Now I can take Massey to have her knee checked out, get Zach back to making the grades he is capable of and have them both vaccinated against the swine flu.

Massey has finally recovered except for a slight cough she still has but I feel relieved that I now have the option to make them appointments with the doctors that know them and their history and don't have to worry about the cost.

One more thing off my plate to worry about.

I feel overwhelmed most days and down right depressed some days.

Today was a GOOD day and I appreciate it to the fullest.

This Friday the football game is an away game so I was able to pick up a double shift at work, not having to work the funnel cake stand.

I keep telling myself that everything will be alright...I just have to keep believing it.

Thanks Kathy and Rick, Dr. Roberts and all the people who have taken care of me with money, prayers and good thoughts. It will never be forgotten and will most certainly be payed forward.

I just need to keep reminding myself how lucky I am...

Til next time...COTTON

No comments: